Pre-Decided results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Decided results

I´m sure i'm not the only one who sometimes gets the feeling that in certain cituations this game simply won't let you win.

I was constantly being un-done by low avergaing "defensive" batsmen scoring 40-ball hundreds against me in big run chases, and despite my best efforts, I could do nothing so stop them.

So when an interesting oppertunity came along, I decided to test to see if the game engine was actually "random" or a if a result was basically a forgone conclusion, and wether the player actually had any influence upon the outcome.

Scenario:
    Domestic T20- Somerset vs Hampshire.

I (Playing as Somerset) was set a large total of 193 to win. This was an interesting innings in which my bowlers were fully on top before number 8 batsmen James Fuller hit 109* from 44 balls. I was disturbed by this, but, as a romantic of the game, I filed that innings under "stranger things have happened in cricket" and set about the chase.

It wasnt going all that well until Lewis Gregory joined Tom banton at the crease. Eventually I was left needing 16 runs to win from the final over. This was the perfect oppertunity to test my theory, assuming that after the previous innings, I simply wouldnt be "allowed" to win this match.

So after saving, I set about the final over (Just for the record the 16 was being defended by Brad Wheal not exactly Jasprit Bumrah. Against Tom Banton and Lewis Gregory I would say I had a 30% chance of winning)

I tried many different tactics (Varying agression, always full agression, One batsman keeping strike etc.) with literally no success. After 114 attempts, without a single success, I decided that was proof enough and moved on.
    Interestingly, the same over kept repeating itself with 2 iterations more common than the others: (6,dot,4,W,1,dot or 4,nb2,4,dot,W,dot,1) both of which happened at least 10 times each in the exact same way.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Just played a OD challenge match.

Scores tied 9-301 after I was cruising to victory batting 2nd.

Batting cards were almost identical for both teams.

Comment

Working...
    X