Contract periods in game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract periods in game

I've been putting this up before but gladly (or sadly) do it again and hope some look on it and act.
    I feel the period when you sign players are a bit wacky. You got one "go" at it like a draft-day. Much like IPL I think, but that's not how many leagues are. I brought forward that Haris Rauf was not avalaible on this years BBL for this game to select. We got this situation for Melbourne Stars that first went with Pat Brown as one of their overseas players. He never left England so Dale Steyn came into the picture, but also out. Then Haris Rauf was signed, but he left before the finals and a new man was in.
    https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...uf-replacement

This is common in English leagues too since who knows what happens with players, like in T20 England so much later in the season. Blimey, you have to sign your English team already in the autumn the year before when you got your save going. First time, yes, you sign them shortly before the league starts, but then it's 6 month before. If I can trust the game to play other leagues "in the background not seen" anything could injure my signed overseas players in another league and I would have nothing to replace them with.

I understand it's a major re-programming, but this way it's ludicrous and so much fantasy. Getting contract handling up several levels (like T20 contracts only) would boost the game very much.
Working...
X