South African players who missed the window but played on the Rebel Tours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South African players who missed the window but played on the Rebel Tours

Hello, just thought I would list the players who were in a test playing era yet due to Apartheid laws didn't play official international cricket.
    1. Garth Le Roux
    2. Ray Jennings WK
    3. Hugh Page - Pace Bowler
    4. Henry Fotheringham - Batsman.
    5. Vintcent Van Der Bijl. Pace Bowler
    6 Alan Kourie - Spinner
    7. Denys Hobson - Spinner.
    8. Ken McEwan.
    9. Kevin McKenzie.
    10. Stephen Jefferies - Left Arm Pace Bowler.
    11 L.Seeff
    12 B.J.Whitfield
    13 R.F.Pienaar
    14 W.K.Watson
    15 R.W.Hanley
    16 H.M Ackerman
    17 A.L.Biggs
    18 A.M.Short
    19 P.D.De Vaal.
    20 `Tich` Smith
    21 Chris Wilkins

Duplicates:

20 S.T.Jefferies - Above
    21 R.V.Jennings - Above
    22 H.A.Page - Above
    16 K.S.McEwan - Above
    17 H.R.Fotheringham - Above
    18 K.A.McKenzie - Above
    11 Alan Kourie, - Above
    12 Denys Hobson,- Above
    13 Garth Le Roux - Above
    14 Vintcent Van Der Bijl, - Above
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-17-2018, 03:13 PM.

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Listing names would be good, can you put it in the database feedback thread?

Can only have one country for a player, and wouldn't be possible to change that for CC2018, maybe in the future.
    As instructed see above!

Comment

If you want a list of Aussie players that skipped that window but played "tests" in South Africa let me know. Franklyn Stephenson is also a player from the West Indies who was on previous incarnations of Cricket Captain yet is now missing due to never playing an International match.

Comment

Stephen.Jefferies for South Africa. Left Arm Pace Bowler is another for that list.

Comment

Alan Kourie, Denys Hobson, Garth Le Roux and Vintcent Van Der Bijl, L.Seeff K.S.McEwan H.R.Fotheringham K.A.McKenzie B.J.Whitfield S.T.Jefferies R.V.Jennings H.A.Page R.F.Pienaar W.K.Watson R.W.Hanley H.M Ackerman A.L.Biggs A.M.Short & P.D.De Vaal.

`Tich` Smith & Chris Wilkins

Comment

I've combined yours and Springbok1970s list above.

Comment

Thank you Sureshot!! Great work, thank you for the updates and can't wait to see those profiles in there.

Comment

I`m really looking forward to being able to play South Africa v England & Australia, the 2 Test Series that were cancelled in 1970 & 1971.
                It would also be interesting to replay the 1975,1979,1983 & 1987 world cups.

Comment

These are all in the next database update.

Comment

When is the next database update due? As I`ve got older, I`ve become less patient, that`s what retirement does to you. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Springbok 1970 View Post
                      I`m really looking forward to being able to play South Africa v England & Australia, the 2 Test Series that were cancelled in 1970 & 1971.
                      It would also be interesting to replay the 1975,1979,1983 & 1987 world cups.
                      Hi Springbok if you go to here -

Comment

Hi Hallmitchell, interesting result, I must admit, I`m really interested in the period between 1970/1975, in my opinion, South Africa would have dominated world cricket, it would be a close thing between them, and the West Indies.
                        One will never really know, but I`ve always been fascinated by what may have been, after the South African side that destroyed Australia 4-0.

Comment

As you can probably see, I`m a touch obsessed with this subject. Just to throw in a few more names, into an already large list of S.A players, that may have played international cricket, I saw that D.H.Robins, organised tours to S.A. where they played, to what could be called a representative team, consisting of some black players, with many of those already listed. But here are some that I missed. Andre Bruyns. Donald Mackay-Coghill. Peter Swart. Pelham Henwood. Darryl Bestall. Simon Bezuidenhout. Lorrie Wilmot. & Gavin Pfuhl.

Comment

Originally posted by Springbok 1970 View Post
                            When is the next database update due? As I`ve got older, I`ve become less patient, that`s what retirement does to you. LOL
                            I should be doing a new Steam build tomorrow, we've been working on a couple of issues this weekend.

Comment

This update is live on Steam now.

Comment

Working...
                              X