Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	63518Click image for larger version

Name:	Sydney Red #2.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	314.6 KB
ID:	63516
      Attached Files

Comment

I think Jono Dean should maybe be only aggressive, not very aggressive.He has not played any first class cricket, but in the Australian reserve league he tends to score at a fairly normal rate. In his last game for the ACT he faced 108 balls and only scored 46.

Changed.

Also it might be a bit extreme to have Jonothan Wells as very defensive. His strike rates aren't great, but he is very proactive and faces very few dots. If that comes into consideration with the batters aggression, than maybe he should just be defensive.

He's a bit borderline, but FC and OD SR in particular is very low. For now I'm going to keep as is.

Sam Heazlett is also down as being average aggression, when I think aggressive would be more suitable. He has a good one day strike rate and is regarded as someone who plays their shots. He has often played for struggling sides, and might have slightly lower strike rates because of this.

Changed.

Cameron Gannon has lost some pace since he remodelled his action. I would think he is RFM now rather than RMF.

Changed.

I'm also not sure as Lalor as LMF. He is quicker than Gannon, but I think tends to work in 130s and rarely pushes 140kph.

Changed.

I'm pretty sure Rob Quiney is retired now. Might be worth checking.

You're right, retired.

Daniel Worrall is probably only RFM not RMF in my view. He usually operates in the low 130s and looks to swing the bowl rather than fire it done. Similar case to Lalor.

Changed.

Hilfenhaus is not as quick as he once was either, meaning he could probably be lowered to RFM.

Changed.

Ashton Turner is down as average, but he is quite an aggressive batter. His list A and T20 strike rates reflect this, and he was always a quick scorer when he captained Australia's youth teams. I think aggressive would be good, but he might even be bordering on very aggressive.

Changed to V Agg based on 20ovr SR, perhaps borderline with agg, but it looks like 20ovr is where he has better stats from.

I think Mitchell Marsh could also be bumped up to aggresive. He is a natural shot maker, and also can't defend

Changed.

Aiden Blizzard has always been considered quite an aggressive batter. His SRs might be higher, but he has failed to make big scored at domestic level. Their still pretty good nonetheless.

Blizzard looks a bit all over the place, not played much in last two seasons.

Its early days, but I think Nair should be defensive rather than very defensive. It's hard to say though.

It is hard to say, 20ovr SR is somewhere between Def/Avg, but his FC and OD SR suggest V Def, possibly Def. Will leave as is for now. Not really enough of a sample size to make any "right" decision.
        Last edited by Sureshot; 07-12-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Adelaide - Michael Cormack (spinner) missing. Daniel Drew missing (all rounder). David Grant (bowler) missing. Kelvin Smith missing (batsmen). Nick Winter (bowler) missing. Looks like Colin Ingram needs to be made an overseas player.

Brisbane - Max Bryant missing (batsmen). Jack Prestwidge (bowler) missing.

Hobart - Hamish Kingston missing (all rounder). James Bazley (all rounder missing). Jake Reed (bowler) missing. David Moody missing (bowler - he was injured for 6 months so missed the big bash, this should be added to player injuries). Tom Rogers should be RFM. He had a great season, hope his stats have been increased.

Melb Green - Sam Harper (wicket keeper) missing. Kevin Pietersen (overseas) missing.

KP has retired, so won't be available.

Melb Red - Will Sutherland missing (all rounder). Guy Walker (bowler) missing.

Perth - Adam Voges missing (he retired after the Big Bash). Jason Behrendorff missing. Nathan Coulter-Nile missing. Cameron Green (bowler) missing. Tim David to be a batsman only.

Sydney Green - Pat Cummins missing. Clint McKay missing. Nathan McAndrew to be removed.

Sydney Red - Doug Bollinger missing (retired after the big bash). Mitchell Starc (missing). Henry Thornton (bowler) missing.

Players like Starc and Cummins who are injured at the start of the game should still be in the squads for their teams.

Edit: Made relevant changes. Fully retired players won't be available for their squads, injured players at start of game will be.
          Last edited by Sureshot; 07-12-2018, 12:54 PM.

Comment

James Faulkner is with Hobart, Hastings is with Sydney Sixers, Luke Wright does not have a deal with Melbourne stars(With reports of signing Adil Rashid and Dwayne Bravo but not confirmed). Also can confirm that Rob Quiney has retired, also Sam Harper is missing from Melbourne Stars squad

Leaving Wright there for now. Changed the rest.
            Last edited by Sureshot; 07-12-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupinglejr View Post
              James Faulkner is with Hobart, Hastings is with Sydney Sixers, Luke Wright does not have a deal with Melbourne stars(With reports of signing Adil Rashid and Dwayne Bravo but not confirmed). Also can confirm that Rob Quiney has retired
              This is for the Big Bash 2017/2018 tournament. Not for the up coming one this December.

Comment

Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post

This is for the Big Bash 2017/2018 tournament. Not for the up coming one this December.
                this game starts at the 1st of April 2018, so it would be for the big bash coming up I would assume

Comment

Originally posted by klais View Post
                  I think Jono Dean should maybe be only aggressive, not very aggressive.He has not played any first class cricket, but in the Australian reserve league he tends to score at a fairly normal rate. In his last game for the ACT he faced 108 balls and only scored 46.

Also it might be a bit extreme to have Jonothan Wells as very defensive. His strike rates aren't great, but he is very proactive and faces very few dots. If that comes into consideration with the batters aggression, than maybe he should just be defensive.

Sam Heazlett is also down as being average aggression, when I think aggressive would be more suitable. He has a good one day strike rate and is regarded as someone who plays their shots. He has often played for struggling sides, and might have slightly lower strike rates because of this.

Cameron Gannon has lost some pace since he remodelled his action. I would think he is RFM now rather than RMF.

I'm also not sure as Lalor as LMF. He is quicker than Gannon, but I think tends to work in 130s and rarely pushes 140kph.

I'm pretty sure Rob Quiney is retired now. Might be worth checking. Yes.

Daniel Worrall is probably only RFM not RMF in my view. He usually operates in the low 130s and looks to swing the bowl rather than fire it done. Similar case to Lalor.

Hilfenhaus is not as quick as he once was either, meaning he could probably be lowered to RFM.

Ashton Turner is down as average, but he is quite an aggressive batter. His list A and T20 strike rates reflect this, and he was always a quick scorer when he captained Australia's youth teams. I think aggressive would be good, but he might even be bordering on very aggressive. Would almost suggest bumping him up to very aggressive. 252 runs at 162.58 during the previous BBL.

I think Mitchell Marsh could also be bumped up to aggresive. He is a natural shot maker, and also can't defend Same as Turner for me, he's such a clean striker of the ball.

Aiden Blizzard has always been considered quite an aggressive batter. His SRs might be higher, but he has failed to make big scored at domestic level. Their still pretty good nonetheless.

Its early days, but I think Nair should be defensive rather than very defensive. It's hard to say though.

Adelaide - Michael Cormack (spinner) missing. Daniel Drew missing (all rounder). David Grant (bowler) missing. Kelvin Smith missing (batsmen). Nick Winter (bowler) missing. Looks like Colin Ingram needs to be made an overseas player.

Brisbane - Max Bryant missing (batsmen). Jack Prestwidge (bowler) missing.

Hobart - Hamish Kingston missing (all rounder). James Bazley (all rounder missing). Jake Reed (bowler) missing. David Moody missing (bowler - he was injured for 6 months so missed the big bash, this should be added to player injuries). Tom Rogers should be RFM. He had a great season, hope his stats have been increased.

Melb Green - Sam Harper (wicket keeper) missing. Kevin Pietersen (overseas) missing. KP has retired and is not coming back for the BBL.

Melb Red - Will Sutherland missing (all rounder). Guy Walker (bowler) missing.

Perth - Adam Voges missing (he retired after the Big Bash). Jason Behrendorff missing. Nathan Coulter-Nile missing. Cameron Green (bowler) missing. Tim David to be a batsman only. Same as KP, you mentioned he retired so why would he be included? David actually an okay bowler but not sure he'd be good enough to be considered an all rounder just yet.

Sydney Green - Pat Cummins missing. Clint McKay missing. Nathan McAndrew to be removed.

Sydney Red - Doug Bollinger missing (retired after the big bash). Mitchell Starc (missing). Henry Thornton (bowler) missing.

Players like Starc and Cummins who are injured at the start of the game should still be in the squads for their teams.
                  My thoughts in red.

Nigel edit: Our thoughts seem to align.
                  Last edited by Sureshot; 07-12-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Strikers:

For me, Alex Carey should have a higher aggression than average. 443 runs at a strike rate on 141.53 including a hundred during the last BBL.

Is now Agg.

Heat:

Jimmy Peirson should definitely have higher aggression.

He's about right from the SRs I can see. He's perhaps somewhere between avg and agg, but think it's about right.

Hurricanes:

Wade, as awful as he is at everything, is a stroke maker. Certainly not a defensive type.

Moved to avg.

Stars:

Luke Wright has left. https://www.melbournestars.com.au/ne...ars/2018-01-19
                    James Faulkner has fallen off a cliff but I'm not sure he's the type to play defensive cricket.

Bumped Faulkner to avg. Removed Wright from the squad as it's a known change.

Renegades:

Tom Cooper 298 runs at a strike rate of 141.23. Not sure on the average aggression rating.

Changed.

Scorchers:

As mentioned above Mitch Marsh and Turner probably deserve big leaps. I also think Shaun Marsh could be bumped up to average. Sure, he's not power hitter but hes very adept at ticking the score over and going at better than a run a ball.

Mitch is now agg, Turner is V Agg. Shaun, I'm going to leave as def. His recent FC/Test SR is very much defensive. Perhaps close to avg, but, as he's near end of his career, think his career LA SR of 79 supports that.
                    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-12-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Alex Carey needs to be aggressive and one of the best batters in the BBL
                      Colin Ingram is an overseas player
                      How much does Travis Head need to bowl before he's considered an allrounder? Genuine question.

Looks to be a part-timer, on numbers, to me, in a similar mould to Root.

D'arcy Short should be an allrounder, he never used to even bowl on CC17

Changed.

Why isn't Hilton Cartwright an allrounder?

Changed.

Ashton Turner and Mitch Marsh should be aggressive, I hope Marsh is a better batter than last year's game

Please see earlier comments.

Arjun Nair shouldn't be very defensive

Please see earlier comments.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 07-12-2018, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by adelaidecrowsrdabest View Post
                        Alex Carey needs to be aggressive and one of the best batters in the BBL
                        I agreee, I?ll move him up to aggressive, and I?ll make sure he gets a large upgrade compared to last game, especially in his limited overs batting.

Colin Ingram is an overseas player
                        Yep, that has been noted.

How much does Travis Head need to bowl before he's considered an allrounder? Genuine question?
                        Good question. It?s a tough one, but I think it?s based on consistency rather than quantity. At the moment he bowls quite sporadically, for example he?ll bowl ten overs in one game, and then not bowl for the next two. Once he?s consistently bowling a lot of overs, and taking wickets, I?d consider him an allrounder. On an international stage, I?m not sure how much he?ll be bowling anymore. He bowled quite a bit under Smith, however with Paine and Finch in charge it seems like Maxwell and Short will be used more in the spinning allrounder role.

D'arcy Short should be an allrounder, he never used to even bowl on CC17
                        I completely agree, he?s definitely still an allrounder. I?ve already got that on the list to change.

Why isn't Hilton Cartwright an allrounder?
                        It?s a tough one with Cartwright. He seems to have on and off seasons, so he?ll bowl a lot in one season and minimally in the next. Last season he didn?t bowl too much, but he seems to be bowling a bit over in England, so I think we?ll change him back to an allrounder.

Ashton Turner and Mitch Marsh should be aggressive, I hope Marsh is a better batter than last year's game
                        I?ll make sure both Turner and Mitch Marsh are moved up, and that Marsh gets a decent upgrade. I think he was a bit underrated on last year?s game.

Arjun Nair shouldn't be very defensive
                        Will bump him up to defensive. He does seem to bat quite quickly in the BBL when he gets the chance.

Thanks for the feedback, people like you help us to improve the game for everyone =)
                        Last edited by Aussiespinnersfanpage; 07-09-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumblah View Post
                          Strikers:

For me, Alex Carey should have a higher aggression than average. 443 runs at a strike rate on 141.53 including a hundred during the last BBL.
                          Definitely, he?ll be bumped up to aggressive.

Heat:

Jimmy Peirson should definitely have higher aggression.
                          Agreed, we?ll bump him up as well.

Hurricanes:

Wade, as awful as he is at everything, is a stroke maker. Certainly not a defensive type.
                          Will move him up to aggressive.

Stars:

Luke Wright has left. https://www.melbournestars.com.au/ne...ars/2018-01-19
                          James Faulkner has fallen off a cliff but I'm not sure he's the type to play defensive cricket.
                          Wright will be removed. I completely agree with you about Faulkner, he?s definitely a hitter.

Renegades:

Tom Cooper 298 runs at a strike rate of 141.23. Not sure on the average aggression rating.
                          He?ll be moved up to aggressive as well.

Scorchers:

As mentioned above Mitch Marsh and Turner probably deserve big leaps. I also think Shaun Marsh could be bumped up to average. Sure, he's not power hitter but hes very adept at ticking the score over and going at better than a run a ball.
                          I agree with you on Mitch Marsh and Turner, they will be definitely upgraded. As with Shaun Marsh, his First Class and Test match stats mean he?ll have to stay as defensive. However, we?ll try and upgrade him so he does have the ability to score quickly in limited overs situations.

Thanks for the feedback, people like you help us to improve the game for everyone =)

Comment

I was under the impression the squads would be for the 2017/2018 Big Bash and not the up coming tournament ? Usually in the game the squads are for last year but you have the option to cancel contracts ?

If so, Matt Short has moved to Adelaide.

And if the squads are for the 2018/2019 competition you will have to remove virtually all of the overseas players.

Players Confirmed:

Adelaide - Ingram and Rashid Khan

Brisbane - McCullum and Shadab Khan.

Hobart - Archer and Mills

Perth - Willey (big bash website has him confirmed for 2019)

So you will have to remove:

Yasir Shah from Brisbane.

Luke Wright and KP from Melb Green

Bravo, Nabi and Pollard from Melb Red

Bresnan from Perth

Vince, Butler and McClengahan from Sydney Green

Denly, Billings, Roy and Braithwaite from Sydney Red.
                            Last edited by Heisenberg; 07-09-2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I was under the impression the squads would be for the 2017/2018 Big Bash and not the up coming tournament ? Usually in the game the squads are for last year but you have the option to cancel contracts ?

If so, Matt Short has moved to Adelaide.

And if the squads are for the 2018/2019 competition you will have to remove virtually all of the overseas players.

Players Confirmed:

Adelaide - Ingram and Rashid Khan

Brisbane - McCullum and Shadab Khan.

Hobart - Archer and Mills

Perth - Willey (big bash website has him confirmed for 2019)

So you will have to remove:

Yasir Shah from Brisbane.

Luke Wright and KP from Melb Green

Bravo, Nabi and Pollard from Melb Red

Bresnan from Perth

Vince, Butler and McClengahan from Sydney Green

Denly, Billings, Roy and Braithwaite from Sydney Red.
                              We'll sort of be doing a mix of both I believe, so it will be the squads from 2017/18, but with any confirmed changes added. This is because there were a few drastic changes, and fans seem to be eager to see them. For example, Denly, Billings, Roy and Braithwaite were all in Sydney Red for 2017/18, but haven't confirmed leaving or staying, so they'll still be in the squad.

Thanks for your feedback, people like you help to improve the game for everyone =)
                              Last edited by Aussiespinnersfanpage; 07-10-2018, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X