This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player bans and injury lengths

Chris has added a ban type and extended our injury/ban length from 256 days to 2,147,483,647 days to be precise.

These should be correct as of 1st April, anyone gets injured after that date (like Toby Roland-Jones) is ignored as the game starts on 1st April.

Injuries:

Pat Cummins - 8 weeks back
    Josh Hazlewood - 12 weeks back
    Mitchell Marsh - 20 weeks ankle
    David Payne - 8 weeks ankle
    Kagiso Rabada - 12 weeks back
    Mitchell Santner - 32 weeks knee
    Mitchell Starc - 8 weeks leg
    Yasir Shah - 8 weeks hip
    Paul Coughlin - 12 weeks shoulder
    Dushmantha Chameera - 8 weeks back
    Nathan Coulter-Nile - 24 weeks back

Bans:

Shahzaib Hasan - (until Feb 19)
    Smith and Warner - 12 months
    Bancroft - 9 months (1st Jan return)
    Jack Burnham - 1 year ban for drugs, until 1st October 2018

Brilliant stuff!

Comment

What will happen to Shiv Thakor in the game ? Currently banned for 6 months.

Comment

I removed him, as I don't see any county taking him on again, his career will be over, surely. Thoughts?

Comment

Yes I agree but he is such a talented player perhaps have him as a free agent at the start of the game with a 6 month ban ?

Comment

No qualms about him not being in the game as it stands. I did read a Cricinfo article suggesting that Leicestershire could be keen to give him a second chance but who knows.

On the subject of free agents, is Monty Panesar available to sign? (I?m being serious)

Comment

Btw, Jason Behrendorf was also injured before April 1st and was out of the IPL
              EDIT: Back Injury

Comment

Sharjeel Khan, the Pakistani opening batsman, was banned for five years in 2017 for involvement with spot-fixing.

Comment

Alex Hepburn of Worcestershire has been suspended but still has a contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Silly Point View Post
                    No qualms about him not being in the game as it stands. I did read a Cricinfo article suggesting that Leicestershire could be keen to give him a second chance but who knows.

On the subject of free agents, is Monty Panesar available to sign? (I?m being serious)
                    Monty is available at the start of the game.

I was just reading up on Shiv Thakor, he was also put on the sex offenders register for 5 years. I really can't see any county lawyers allowing him to be signed for a club. We'll leave Thakor out of the game until such a time that he is actually playing for a county again.

Comment

Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
                      Alex Hepburn of Worcestershire has been suspended but still has a contact.
                      He's not currently in the database, I think it will stay that way until we know what is happening with his case.
                      Originally posted by klais View Post
                      Sharjeel Khan, the Pakistani opening batsman, was banned for five years in 2017 for involvement with spot-fixing.
                      Just looking, as of now his ban is suspended for half the time, so I've banned him until August 10th 2019.
                      Originally posted by Rupinglejr View Post
                      Btw, Jason Behrendorf was also injured before April 1st and was out of the IPL
                      EDIT: Back Injury
                      I've put him as injured for 12 weeks, couldn't find more details.

Comment

Khalid Latif was also part of the Sharjeel Khan case (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41332472).

Latif has has been banned for 5 years.

Zahir Khan, afghanistan bowler who was bought by Rajasthan in the IPL was injured (https://www.wisden.com/indian-premie...jasthan-royals).

Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Indian U19 fast bowler was injured and missed the IPL (https://www.firstpost.com/firstcrick...t-4432025.html).

Nigel edit: All added.
                        Last edited by Sureshot; 07-12-2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

David Moody, RF bowler (nephew of Tom Moody) was injured for 6 months - (https://www.bigbash.com.au/news/davi...lia/2017-12-02)

Nigel edit: Added.
                          Last edited by Sureshot; 07-12-2018, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Jack Taylor (Gloucs) is banned from bowling this season I believe, for a suspect action, although I don't know how you would implement it in the game, unless you make him just a Batsman and drop his bowling ability down for a season?
                            Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Hmm, you raise a good point. Injuries and bans work in pretty much the same way, in that they stop players playing, but to stop someone just bowling, it'd be nice to add it as an option, and it does happen a fair bit, don't think this is something we'll be able to do for this year.

I'm going to close this thread now, have updated from this thread. Getting close now.

Comment

Working...
                              X