This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarksNotts View Post
    Oh forgot to mention, Like Hales at Notts, I think Rashid at Yorks is only playing white ball cricket this season.
    I've also retired Rashid from FC/Tests, I really don't see those players coming back.

Comment

hi there, first time posting and all that. just feel that Jofra Archer should be made into a RF, whilst maybe also being unable to play for england, as he is currently still going through the process.

Done on both counts. Chris has been able to get him unavailable for Eng in first year, then available after that.

also feel that Plunkett at Yorkshire should be made into just a bowler and maybe even made a touch slower as he is no longer as quick as he used to be due to age and injuries, also feel that bairstow should be upped to v.agg as well, i also agree that pujara should be made defensive.

Tricky with Plunkett's batting, he doesn't bat much, doesn't get much of a chance. His FC record is solid. Dropped him down to RMF.

Pujara now def. Fair call on Bairstow based on recent year or so.

with the new afghan players, would rashid khan not qualify as an allrounder, has been batting high up at times in the ipl and for afghanistan

Seems to be batting 8/9, don't think his ability is quite there yet.

Also, just out of interest how many of the players that featured in the u19 world cup are available in the squads?

Crikey, can't search on that specific quality. if they've played any sort of real match in the last year, they will be in the DB.
      Last edited by Sureshot; 07-12-2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I dont think Will Jacks should be a genuine all rounder, he?s played 2 first class games and didnt ball one ball, even in list a cricket he was just being brought on to get through a couple of overs a bit like joe root im assuming.

Just a OD/20ovr opener now.
        Last edited by Sureshot; 07-12-2018, 04:34 PM.

Comment

On Simon Kerrigan - is back at Lancs now not Northants but has effectively retired from cricket at least for the foreseeable & is doing coaching at Lancs now. Shame for him that he got bowled at completely the wrong time when he played that Oval Test & his confidence seemed to fall away after that, could have solved England?s spinning problem years ago.

He's on the Lancs playing stuff, he's available in-game.
          Last edited by Sureshot; 07-12-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dh1988 View Post
            Hi,

Just a couple re. Warwickshire.

Mark Adair is no longer on the squad.

Trott has been an opener in the one day format for the past couple of seasons.

Will Rhodes is an opener in first class.

Grant Thornton has been playing some second XI games for Worcester this year - this may be a loan move.
            Changed top 3. Thornton looks to be on trial at Worcs. Played some Unicorns games since, so looks like the trial was only that. He was registered for Warks at start of season, so will leave there until see otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Changed top 3. Thornton looks to be on trial at Worcs. Played some Unicorns games since, so looks like the trial was only that. He was registered for Warks at start of season, so will leave there until see otherwise.
              I think Grant Thornton has been released. His contract run out at end of 2017 season. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40105583).

Comment

Originally posted by jdenson97 View Post
                Lancs:
                Bohannon should be an allrounder and a RM bowler
                Livingstone based on this season and the amount hes bowled should be an all rounder.
                Jennings if this is a feature in the game should be an allrounder in limited overs cricket but not in red ball. Been one of our best bowlers in the One day comp.
                Changed Bohannon. Livingstone, hmm, tough one, he looks a bit like Root in terms of numbers, would that be a fair comment?

Don't have ability to be all-rounder in one format and not others.

Comment

Originally posted by Hampshire View Post
                  For Hampshire :

- Matt Salisbury seems to have moved to Durham.
                  - Dawson probably deserves to keep the average aggression he had last year. His power hitting has really come on the last few years.
                  - It would probably be more realistic to make Amla the reserve overseas and make Steyn the full overseas. Could just give Steyn his injury up until the 6th June (after which Amla won't be returning).
                  - Tom Scriven (played for England at the u19WC) could be added to the squad. He's a genuine all-rounder who would probably be RFM and aggressive with the bat.
                  - Don't think Jake Lintott is contracted anymore, he's been playing a few games from Gloucs 2nd XI.
                  Salisbury seems to be on a one-month loan.

Changed Dawson, made the switch with Amla/Steyn and given Steyn a 60 day injury. Will add Scriven. Made Lintottt available for first round of contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by foreveryyoung View Post
                    For Kent, Kuhn hasn't been opening in FC matches. Neither has Crawley. It's only been Dickson and DBD
                    Have changed Crawley to middle order, as he's not opened yet (iirc, I did this based on him opening in 2nd XI games, where I tend to try and get info for no-match players)

Will leave Kuhn as he's opened in most of his innings in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakHAMID View Post
                      Gloucs:

Ryan Higgins should be an all rounder. He has been opening the bowling this year and been taking wickets. I would suggest he be put as an all rounder who bowls RFM
                      Changed him to all-rounder and RFM.

Comment

Originally posted by RS_8694 View Post
                        Lancashire
                        - Davies should be aggressive
                        - I'd make Livingstone a limited overs all rounder, does bowl in the Championship but not as much
                        - Clark hasn't opened in T20 for a couple of years
                        - Young bowler called Liam Hurt has got into a few squads this season, not yet made debut for Lancs but according to Cricinfo played for Leics in 2015

Yorkshire - Pujara shouldn?t be an opener in first class

Watched Durham when they played at Lancs in the 50 over cup & it was Graham Clark and Collingwood opening.

Also noticed Borthwick's been bowling a lot less for Surrey in the Championship, again not sure if worth changing from all rounder to batsman for first class.
                        Changed Davies, Livingstone (looking at last year as well made me change my mind from earlier), Clark, Pujara and Graham Clark.

Going to leave Borthwicket and Collingwood as is. Will add Liam Hurt later.

Comment

Originally posted by Hampshire View Post
                          From Henry Brookes displays on TV so far this season I think he could do with a pace upgrade to RMF, maybe even RF.

I notice Rankin's in the default Warwickshire team and Stone and Brookes aren't. Not sure if that's much of a sign but could maybe be due for some stat adjustments given both are playing ahead of him?
                          Changed Brookes to RF, still working on team picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hampshire fan View Post
                            Hello

just a couple of youngsters at Hampshire to note, Tom Scriven (19) who is a genuine all rounder bowls right arm medium, average aggression batsmen and Olliver Southon (18) out and out pace bowler both have played for Hampshire 2s this year and will be knocking around the blast team and should probably be in the game

thanks
                            Is Southon a part of the actual first team squad? I couldn't find him on Hants website and he's not play much 2s so far.

Scriven is down to be added.

Comment

Looking at Warwickshire, Mark Adair is no longer playing for them and has returned to NI to play cricket.

He's now a part of the Irish database, was going to make him available, but see he's now playing for an Irish team.
                              Last edited by Sureshot; 07-12-2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Nige, Just a point on team picks for Notts, Chris Nash has been batting at 3 in the championship except when Mullaney was away on Lions duty, with Libby and Mullaney as the 1st choice openers, He did open with Wessels in the one day cup with Hales away with England and IPL, if you want I can pm you the Notts top 7 in the CC and One day cup?

We're looking good on these. Obviously 3 doesn't go in to 2, but will leave Nash as opener. You stole him from us!
                                Last edited by Sureshot; 07-12-2018, 04:39 PM.
                                Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Working...
                                X