• Show
Clear All

• bendy
    replied
    Alex Lees has signed with Durham, this has taken effect immediately

Leave a comment:

• bendy
    replied
    Sureshot when will the IOS update go live?

and will the Durham CCC updates regarding Ben Whitehead, Arshad and Hickey be included within it?

Leave a comment:

• RS_8694
    replied
    Lancashire have signed Mark Watt, Zahir Khan (T20 overseas) and Keshav Maharaj (replacement overseas for Mennie) in the last few weeks. Not sure if Watt is already in the game as a Scottish international?

Leave a comment:

• Alrounder80
    replied
    The following players are not regulars in-game but should be for Afghanistan:

Mujeeb Ur Rahman - very underrated in game. Irl, he is incredibly young and is very successful for both his national team as well as in domestic T20 leagues around the world
    Rahmat Shah - Irl he is the most consistent player for his national team and some might argue the best batsmen among his team.
    Dalwat Zadran - Another player that is quite consistent and gets picked pretty much every game. He is also very pacey and should at least be RMF instead of RFM.
    Asghar Stanikzai - He is captain of his national team so that speaks for itself. He must be picked every game. To be fair, his stats aren't in limited over games, but purely because he is captain irl, he has to be picked in every format every time.

Leave a comment:

• Hampshire
    replied
    Just started an Ireland career and found Heinrich Klaasen playing against me for the Netherlands?

Leave a comment:

• Niall
    replied
    Can we get Ben Curran in the game now he's signed for northants? Would love to have all 3 currans in the england team

Leave a comment:

• bryce87
    replied
    Bangladesh: Afif Hossain changed to allrounder
    Afghanistan: Imran Imran change to Imran Mir and Shahidullah Shaidullah change to Shahidullah Kamal (as per cricinfo profiles)

Leave a comment:

• J913R
    replied
    Originally posted by J913R View Post
    Adam Hickey and Usman Arshad were released by Durham after last season.

Both are listed in the Durham squad for their registration this season.
    Both have definitely been released, not sure where you are seeing that they were registered. https://www.durhamccc.co.uk/players-and-staff/senior/

Hickey's release even caused a bit of controversy because it was announced shortly after he broke his collar bone.

A player to potentially add for Durham is Ben Whitehead (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...er/738405.html) a 21 year old legspinner. He just made his debut this week.

Leave a comment:

• vineetkr9016
    replied
    Just played 5 seasons with NSW and could not develope any of their young players up to international level, after 3 seasons random players(have checked mycricket website , they are not contracted to any club/stste in Aus) are getting selected by Australia. It would be better if their actual young players play for them , Database loses it's significance after 4/5 seasons.

Leave a comment:

• vineetkr9016
    replied
    About Aus State squads This Aussie Domestic season is going to feature a lot of their former u19 int players like Will Sutherland,Llyod Pope,Zak Evans,M Harvey,Jack Edwards etc but in this game they are barely getting selected by AI. I think along with Jhye Richardson these former u19 int players also need skill upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• jle101
    replied
    Shiv Chanderpaul, for some reason, is listed as both a West Indian & Sri Lankan player in ATG mode.

Since it is after all possible to have players representing two countries in-game, can we get Eion Morgan in the Irish all-time database?

Leave a comment:

• Amit
    replied
    There are a significant number of west Indies players such as Darren Sammy, Dwayne bravo, lendl Simmons etc who are listed as retired from ODI cricket but have never retired just haven't been selected.
    https://www.google.com/amp/kwese.esp...3fplatform=amp

Also dinesh Karthik does not have a strong leg side preference and average aggression? This guy smashed 29 off 8 balls a few weeks back and his strike rates over the last 2-3 years certainly should put him in the aggressive category.

Leave a comment:

• jdenson97
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    Interesting, I think even on the Lancs website he was showing as leggie. Bowls both...if you're saying he's more off-spinner, then we can change.
    Think up to last season he bowled leg spin which is why cricinfo ect hasn't changed.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by AndreM View Post

Great, thank you. I remember doing the first ever database update for the old Australian Cricket Captain game - you’re correct, it is a completely imperfect science and a thankless task!

Appreciate the work you put in, the game is good fun. The thoughts around 6 years for new players etc. are completely valid, more just me thinking aloud!

Cheers
    I think we've made some really good steps lately with the database in recent years, Chris' new method of generating player abilities this year has had a positive impact, but, real world abilities do change too, still amazed at how Haseeb Hameed dropped off after debut. We did some good changes a couple of years ago with South African players who play in the 2nd rate domestic system.

AI picks are so fiddly, but it's good to be thinking aloud, absolutely what we encourage in here on the database, with approaching 7000 players now, there will always be things to improve. I'm proud of the feedback we get on this forum, both post release and before release (you may have seen our database feedback forum).

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Interesting, I think even on the Lancs website he was showing as leggie. Bowls both...if you're saying he's more off-spinner, then we can change.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X