Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, in previous years of Cricket Captain, you included Alan Kourie, Denys Hobson, Garth Le Roux and Vintcent Van Der Bijl. They have now been excluded in CC2018. They should be reinstated, along with, L.Seeff K.S.McEwan H.R.Fotheringham K.A.McKenzie B.J.Whitfield S.T.Jefferies R.V.Jennings H.A.Page R.F.Pienaar W.K.Watson R.W.Hanley H.M Ackerman A.L.Biggs A.M.Short & P.D.De Vaal. These players either played in the 80`s Rebel Tours, or were selected to tour Australia in !971, which was subsequently cancelled. Hope this information is useful, adding these players would certainly add to my enjoyment of the game, I certainly hope that others would also enjoy the fantasy matches possible.

Comment

Good list!!!

Comment

After posting a list of South African players that I would like to see added to CC2018, I had a quick browse through a book written by Mike Procter called ``South Africa, the years of isolation and the return to International Cricket.`` In a chapter titled, The Lost Generation, he also mentions `Tich` Smith, a wicket keeper & Chris Wilkins. An excellent read, I highly recommend it to those interested in South African Cricket.

Comment

Originally posted by Springbok 1970 View Post
          After posting a list of South African players that I would like to see added to CC2018, I had a quick browse through a book written by Mike Procter called ``South Africa, the years of isolation and the return to International Cricket.`` In a chapter titled, The Lost Generation, he also mentions `Tich` Smith, a wicket keeper & Chris Wilkins. An excellent read, I highly recommend it to those interested in South African Cricket.
          Thanks, I've updated the list here:

Comment

Hey Sureshot,

Long time CC player here. One of the things I'd love to see besides the usual editor stuff - is not having to re-select squads and losing coach/physio every game especially with the many 5 tests series! Would that be possible to somehow only change the home squad when you need?

As well as having maybe a central contract system every new season - those guys will be the one automatically settled into sides for each series! It would save us a little time here and there.
            Last edited by DavX25; 07-17-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I have been trying to turn bowlers who bat well into allrounders by giving them technique training but am yet to be successful. Would you recommend trying general batting technique or middle order? I have been trying both on different players.
              YouTube
              Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by DavX25 View Post
                Hey Sureshot,

Long time CC player here. One of the things I'd love to see besides the usual editor stuff - is not having to re-select squads and losing coach/physio every game especially with the many 5 tests series! Would that be possible to somehow only change the home squad when you need?

As well as having maybe a central contract system every new season - those guys will be the one automatically settled into sides for each series! It would save us a little time here and there.
                Squad Selection should pick your last squad pick anyway, so it should already be a case of just clicking continue through this screen?

Comment

When will we get more in depth conditions? I first played the 98 version and I'm pretty sure they haven't changed since.

There is so much more variation that could bring different types of players into play. For instance in the game, a flat pitch is a flat pitch. There is no variation.

However in reality, a flat pitch in Australia may bounce true but will have plenty of pace so someone like Starc will always be involved. However a flat pitch in England is likely to be a lot slower so someone like Starc is likely to be a lot less effective.

Swing isn't even mentioned in the game! I get that cloudy conditions are mean to bring RFM/RM into the game more but swing isn't mentioned anywhere. I'm fairly sure that pitching full with a RFM in cloudy conditions is nowhere near as effective as it was a few games ago.

Is this something that will be advanced anytime soon?

Comment

I would like to know the if the assignment of who improves from technique coaching is done on a completely random basis?

- I have had one 22 allrounder whom I have given bowling technique coaching for three whole seasons yet have had no notification of improvement
                    - I then gave a bowler batting aggression training and he improved the very next screen
                    --Then this happened: a player improved twice on one screen! This despite 9 other players in my squad also undertaking technique training!
                    YouTube
                    Facebook

Comment

And the reviews are coming in - http://www.espn.com/cricket/story/_/...t-captain-2018

Comment

there is a lot against the ranking system - I love it (well the team one anyway) - the batsman and bowler rankings need to be more permanent instead of having whoever is playing at the moment at the top. Also could we have A teams please??? When playing an international career I'd love to pick an A team as well !!!

Comment

I have just discovered the "Champions Cup" seems to have been introduced in 2037. T20 WC format but 50 over games I assume?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	cc.JPG
Views:	524
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	65511
                          YouTube
                          Facebook

Comment

Working...
                          X