Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh, feels like yet another repackaged version to me. The aged highlights animations, ranking system and player coaching system has desperately needed an overhaul for years, only the latter has been touched upon but it doesn't sound like they've done a great deal of work there either. I've bought every year but sadly i'm probably going to keep my money out of principle this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by hitthestump View Post
      Sigh, feels like yet another repackaged version to me. The aged highlights animations, ranking system and player coaching system has desperately needed an overhaul for years, only the latter has been touched upon but it doesn't sound like they've done a great deal of work there either. I've bought every year but sadly i'm probably going to keep my money out of principle this time around.
      Point noted! I will have to say EVERY former TEST player in the DATABASE is a major jump forward and a feature to which i will be buying the game.
      Last edited by hallmitchell; 06-26-2018, 09:18 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Are we not going to have pre-release database threads this time around? Seems to have corrected numerous errors/missing players prior to release the last couple of editions.

Comment

The end of season signing of players needs a major overhaul. We should be able to go to any domestic team within the game and try and sign a player as our overseas for the upcoming season. Why is there always a limited list of overseas players we can sign?
          The 2018 version just sounds like a database update which to be honest i dont mind because the game is really good but just needs a few additions to it.

Comment

Originally posted by muhammad saad View Post
            Sureshot
            I am interested in knowing whether dynamic player development has been introduced in this version? I remember you said that Chris has developed the feature but due to new save format it was not implemented in 2017 version so I am hopeful it will get inducted in 2018 version , any update regarding this?
            Originally posted by muzzy View Post
            The end of season signing of players needs a major overhaul. We should be able to go to any domestic team within the game and try and sign a player as our overseas for the upcoming season. Why is there always a limited list of overseas players we can sign?
            The 2018 version just sounds like a database update which to be honest i dont mind because the game is really good but just needs a few additions to it.
            Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
            2) What would it take to get all leagues simulating at the same time, and is this likely soon?
            It would be another layer of complexity again, but one of the reasons I spent so much time making sure this all worked correctly this year was so that we can simulate all the domestic competitions in full in all career modes in the future. I hope to do this in the 2018 version, but there is still a way to go to include fixtures correctly. Once we have this then a full career mode with movement between teams would be possible.
            These are 3 of the main features I would like to see.

Comment

In the custom match series option - can we please have an option to choose players from all the databases ?

So instead of choosing a nation - there is only the option for Team 1 and Team 2.

That way we could choose for an example a combined England and Australian team versus a combined Indian and Pakistan team.

Comment

"All time-greats: full career records for every player that has ever played international cricket, all playable in historical scenarios."

Oh man. I think I might have gotten excited for no reason about this. After reading it a bit more carefully it looks like they're just going to include stats for every player. Still doesn't look like you can actually play with all of them. I hope I am wrong, but if this is the case it'd be a massive let down.

Comment

Originally posted by jle101 View Post
                  "All time-greats: full career records for every player that has ever played international cricket, all playable in historical scenarios."

Oh man. I think I might have gotten excited for no reason about this. After reading it a bit more carefully it looks like they're just going to include stats for every player. Still doesn't look like you can actually play with all of them. I hope I am wrong, but if this is the case it'd be a massive let down.
                  Hi. Not my read on that. I'm reading this as everyone is ALL PLAYABLE!

Comment

In historical scenarios.

Comment

Do we have a final release date for IOS?

Comment

Any news on release then?

Release was stated for early July with trailer and screenshots coming soon.

Looking forward to giving Mark Footitt a long awaited England cap.

Many thanks

Comment

There are screenshots on steam. Can see Ind v Afg in a Test

Comment

Just seen the screenshots on steam. Looks like exactly the 2017 version. Surely the backgrounds and maybe the colour scheme could have been updated. Gets a bit boring looking at the same background for a year and now we will have to do the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Silly Point View Post
                              Any news on release then?

Release was stated for early July with trailer and screenshots coming soon.

Looking forward to giving Mark Footitt a long awaited England cap.

Many thanks

www.sillypointcricket.com
                              Steam says due to be released tomorrow 3rd.

Comment

No exact release date, yet, hmmm.

No man of the series feature? Will fastest 50 or 100 stats be recorded? And what about a player's stats as a captain and as non captain? If no such features, then dont see any significant upgrades, to be honest. Yes, the match/game engine will be more modern, but still the features mentioned by me can make the game great!

Comment

Working...
                                X