Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lancashire: Danny Lamb is an allrounder (probably a bowling allrounder), not a batsman. In the two List A games he's played he's bowled 9-10 overs and batted number 8. In the second team he often opens the bowling and bats 5-7.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/...er/637151.html

Jordan Clark should at a minimum be aggressive. He has a strike rate of 102 at List A and 131 in T20. Ditto Liam Livingstone, who has a SR of almost 60 in FC and 95 in LA.

Karl Brown's aggression should possibly be average. His strike rate is reasonable in limited overs cricket - he often opens and looks to play shots.
    Last edited by Oli987; 07-02-2017, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LastWicket View Post

Based on Crawley's XI he should most probably be opener as hes been playing there in mostly this season in all formats. Also opened in a one day cup and Kent currently only have 2 openers listed in their first class squad.
      Zak Crawley changed to a medium aggression opener.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post
        Charlie Shreck retired from all cricket, no longer in the Leics squad
        Hmm, a bit like Ian Westwood I think we'll probably keep them in their squads as they have both played matches for their counties this year.

Awkward though.

Comment

Originally posted by Oli987 View Post
          Lancashire: Danny Lamb is an allrounder (probably a bowling allrounder), not a batsman. In the two List A games he's played he's bowled 9-10 overs and batted number 8. In the second team he often opens the bowling and bats 5-7.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/...er/637151.html

Jordan Clark should at a minimum be aggressive. He has a strike rate of 102 at List A and 131 in T20.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/...er/301648.html

Karl Brown's aggression should probably be average aggression, too. His strike rate is reasonable in limited overs cricket - he often opens and looks to play shots.
          Changed all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Changed all.
            Did you see my edit to that post re Livingstone?

Comment

I didn't, but I have now, changed Livingstone to aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Right, realism plan! Milne will be main overseas, Parnell is reserve. Parnell played lots of OD games this season, so he should be free for Kent in-game when Milne is in Indian 20 over. Shah only played twice in FC. I think that's our best option.

Upped Bell-Drummond to medium aggression.
                Shah is playing today an no sign of Milne, lol don't envy your job

Comment

Eddie Byrom signed a 2 year contract for Somerset last week before making his debut. Opener - tipped to be the one to replace Tres

Comment

Originally posted by foreveryyoung View Post

Shah is playing today an no sign of Milne, lol don't envy your job
                    Heh. Hmm, wouldn't surprise me if they did favour Shah over Milne. I think perhaps Shah to main overseas and Milne to 20 over?

Should still see Parnell available for the OD games as Shah will be playing Tests with Pakistan.

Comment

Have you added Hamidullah Qadri

Comment

Couple of points to add for Lancashire - Jordan Clark opened for a few T20 games last season and with the retirement of Smith/no batsmen signed think there's a chance he might do so again, don't know if that warrants changing though

Karl Brown normally bats middle order in T20s

For Middlesex I reckon Malan should be aggressive given his England performances

Comment

Changed Malan and Clark, Lancs squad not filled with openers. Can't make Brown only an opener for FC/OD.

Qadri and other missing players listed here will be added soon.

Comment

Some feedback on squads:
                            - McKerr is missing from Surrey
                            - Dawson from Hants should be average not defensive and should be a FC opener
                            - Alsop from Hants should be average/aggressive not defensive, especially based on his one day performances
                            - Wheal from Hants needs a big upgrade from last year, was vital to Hants end of last season and start of this till he got injured.

Comment

Looking at the Hampshire squad, I'll list every change I think should be made:
                              • Jimmy Adams could possibly be made defensive. Especially in recent games, he's been trying to bat through whilst others play more freely around him.
                              • Saw Jake Goodwin on debut last year, opened in his only t20.
                              • Rilee Rossouw opened in the One Day Cup this year after Michael Carberry was dropped.
                              • Joe Weatherley is on loan at Kent (don't know if there is a way to make him return after the season though)
                              • Tom Alsop and Lewis McManus should be made average aggression.
                              • Despite his overall career strike rate, this season Gareth Berg has often been used as a pinch hitter, so could possibly look at being moved up to Very Aggressive, also should be RFM not RMF.
                              • Liam Dawson should be average aggression and a First Class opener.
                              • Haven't seen much of Asher Hart but a career strike rate of 30.55 (albeit in only two games) suggests his aggression should be lowered.
                              • Think Ian Holland should be RFM and not RM.
                              • Kyle Abbott's aggression should be higher.
                              • James Vince no longer opens in One Day cricket.
                              • Will Smith is not a One Day or t20 opener.
                              • Lewis McManus has opened in t20 on occasion.
                              • Having seen Tom Alsop bowl (although very rare) he is in fact a left arm spinner.
                              • Matt Salisbury (RFM Bowler) missing.
                              • Calvin Dickinson (Wicketkeeper-Batsman) missing.
                              • Fraser Hay (Aussie all-rounder could be included as he was named in the squad for the SA A friendly, Cricinfo says he is a batsman but looking at 2nd XI stats, he has also taken wickets. However, Cricinfo doesn't actually state what type of bowler he is, which is obviously not helpful. Might be RFM)
                              I know this is a lot but I like things to be perfect! :P

Comment

Originally posted by MateGaming View Post
                                Looking at the Hampshire squad, I'll list every change I think should be made:
                                • Jimmy Adams could possibly be made defensive. Especially in recent games, he's been trying to bat through whilst others play more freely around him.
                                  Generally
                                  Hmm, his S/Rs are pretty good over course of his career.
                                • Saw Jake Goodwin on debut last year, opened in his only t20.
                                  Fully fledged opener.
                                • Rilee Rossouw opened in the One Day Cup this year after Michael Carberry was dropped.
                                  Rilee now opens in OD as well.
                                • Joe Weatherley is on loan at Kent (don't know if there is a way to make him return after the season though)
                                  Can't do loans unfortunatley.
                                • Tom Alsop and Lewis McManus should be made average aggression.
                                  Changed.
                                • Despite his overall career strike rate, this season Gareth Berg has often been used as a pinch hitter, so could possibly look at being moved up to Very Aggressive, also should be RFM not RMF.
                                  Changed.
                                • Liam Dawson should be average aggression and a First Class opener.
                                  We don't have FC only openers, so he'd have to open in everything. Currently left unchanged, but can change later.
                                • Haven't seen much of Asher Hart but a career strike rate of 30.55 (albeit in only two games) suggests his aggression should be lowered.
                                  Now v def.
                                • Think Ian Holland should be RFM and not RM.
                                  Changed
                                • Kyle Abbott's aggression should be higher.
                                  Changed
                                • James Vince no longer opens in One Day cricket.
                                  Changed
                                • Will Smith is not a One Day or t20 opener.
                                  Like Dawson, can't make him FC only opener.
                                • Lewis McManus has opened in t20 on occasion.
                                  Changed.
                                • Having seen Tom Alsop bowl (although very rare) he is in fact a left arm spinner.
                                  Changed.
                                • Matt Salisbury (RFM Bowler) missing.
                                  Added
                                • Calvin Dickinson (Wicketkeeper-Batsman) missing.
                                  Added
                                • Fraser Hay (Aussie all-rounder could be included as he was named in the squad for the SA A friendly, Cricinfo says he is a batsman but looking at 2nd XI stats, he has also taken wickets. However, Cricinfo doesn't actually state what type of bowler he is, which is obviously not helpful. Might be RFM)
                                I know this is a lot but I like things to be perfect! :P
                                Thanks for the feedback, gents, all taken on board. Closing this now as we won't have time to put in any more feedback for the release database.

Comment

Working...
                                X