Bringing back the Carribean Glory Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing back the Carribean Glory Days

This is my 1st career of CC 2017. I am taking the Windies back to the top and restoring the glory days back to them. Our journey starts when Pakistan visit us for 3 ODI's and 3 Tests. Join me as i chronicle our 1st series in 2017

1st ODI: Pakistan vs WI

We won the toss and put Pakistan into bat first. They post a solid 305/5 from their 50 overs on the back of Sarfraz Ahmed's 95 and Fakhar Zaman's 61 with Shoaib Malik finishing with a brilliant 41* to take his team past 300.

Sunil Narine was the only successful bowler as he picked up 2/39 from his 10 overs while all others went for plenty of runs.

Despite the Universe Boss, Chris Gayle carrying his bat with a swashbuckling 121* he didn't get any support from other end as Windies folded for 247 in 44 overs with Md. Aamer picking up 3/42.

Pakistan takes the win by 58 runs as Sarfraz Ahmed is named the MOM.

Pakistan leads 1-0

Comment

2nd ODI: WI vs Pakistan

We won the toss again in the second ODI and again decided to chase. A much better bowling effort saw us restricting Pakistan to 252 with the opening pair of Fakhar Zaman and Ahmed Shahzad the only notable contributors with scores of 74 and 68 respectively.

Jerome Taylor, Jason Holder and Roston Chase picked up 2 wickets apiece.

We started the chase well with Gayle and Lewis starting well but both got out in their 40's and a mini collapse saw us really struggling with 2 wickets in a space of 20 runs but Jason Holder played a captain's knock with 95* and took us home.

West Indies won by 6 wickets as Jason Holder is the MOM for his all round performance.

West Indies drew level with Pakistan 1-1 with all to play for in the final match.

Comment

3rd ODI: WI vs Pakistan

We lost the toss again and was asked to bat. A pathetic batting performance by us with Gayle's 43 and Pollard's 54 the only saving grace meant we would only post 208.

Shoaib Mallik took 4/33 from 9.1 overs to really break the back of our batting.

A timely century from Ahmed Shahzad and Babar Azam 's fifty wrapped this up easily for Pakistan. Ahmed and Babar remained unbeaten on 103 and 89 respectively.

Pakistan won by 8 wickets and Ahmed Shahzad is the MOM.

Pakistan won the series 2-1 as Windies lose their 1st ODI series in 2017.

We are now preparing to play the 3 match test series against the same opposition.

Comment

ODI Series vs Pakistan Stats:

Top Batsman: Chris Gayle ( 205 runs from 3 matches @Avg. of 102.5 and SR% of 103. 5. Highest Score: 121*)

Top Bowler: Jerome Taylor (7 wickets from 3 matches @Avg. of 26.71 and SR of 28.72. Best figure: 3/30)

Comment

Working...
          X