Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain 2018 Top 10 Wish List

Hey Guys,

I've just made a top 10 wish list for cricket captain 2018!

Let me know if you agree, i've noticed a few of them are aligned to others int he forum but i've thrown in a few different ones i go into details on.

Player attributes - MY NUMBER 1
    Historical Database
    Historical Data
    Womens Database
    Editor

The list goes on and on

whats your numbers 1?

Cheers

Bobby G

1 - New UI
    2 - World Ranking system Change
    3 - Include Allrounder Ranking system
    4 - ICC awards every year
    5 - Man of the series Awards
    6 - Captaincy Records
    7 - More variation on shots include revers sweep etc.
    8 - More defaults field types
    After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
    Is my Next Dream

Comment

Originally posted by cricfan1 View Post
      1 - New UI
      2 - World Ranking system Change
      3 - Include Allrounder Ranking system
      4 - ICC awards every year
      5 - Man of the series Awards
      6 - Captaincy Records
      7 - More variation on shots include revers sweep etc.
      8 - More defaults field types
      good list mate - very statistical based - like it!

Comment

1. World XI.
        2. More historical games.
        3. World Series Cricket history matches or Rebel South African Tours.
        4. Ability to do retro uniforms. Most retro uniforms are two tones of colour.

Comment

1. Fix the problem with too many batsmen getting out in the 90s.
          2. Fix the youth player generation process. Only getting wicketkeepers to try out every county season with surrey.

Comment

Ability to be sacked/apply to other teams as coach.

Perhaps coach a northern hemisphere team and a southern one in the same save?

Comment

Really great video.

Customisation would be my top priority. I'm sure that in the early editions you could at least amend a player's name. It'd be great if you could at least create one player from scratch, customise their name, age, batting/bowling style and nationality so that you could for example create yourself and select yourself for your national team.

It'd be great to see the following year's fixtures as well in international level, not just current season's.

Early retirements and my England players not being with a county annoys me. It'd be great if players that have played for England within the past year didn't retire pre-34. Getting some notification of a player's retirement in advance would be good too.

Injury replacements on tour would be good too. I think that when I play international career and a player gets injured, they still seem to be playing at domestic level. That needs fixing.

International careers with Ireland and Afghanistan are a must.

Showing player's cap number and even choosing their international shirt number would be great. Having the list of Test, ODI and T20I caps that get added to would be great.

Comment

Nice video Bobby. I agree about expansion of first class game in every country (I think CC is moving towards this every year) but don't like the idea of player attributes being represented by visible figures, as happens in other management sims. It's much more realistic to force you to assess changes in player ability by judging their performance - it means that deciding when to phase out an aging player (Alistair Cook, for example) is a difficult decision whereas if you saw their attributes tumble the decision would become obvious. Cricket Captain is harder than other sports management games and I think its good that challenge is retained. Rather than visible numbers I think a bit more information on how training is going (x player is improving in this area) would be great.

I think my number one request would be related to this though - bowler preferences (likes the old ball, good against left handers etc) - this would allow some more accurate decision making during the games without reducing it to number comparisons.

Comment

Ability to offer players red/white ball specific contracts for domestic comps

Comment

I prefer not to have numbers for how good a batsman is cover drive or pull shot is, but it does need expanding. Batsman currently only have shown their strengths, but not their weaknesses such as strong front foot batman does not determine whether they are poor or not on the backfoot. I still think some things should still be hidden such as are they weak to short ball or full until more is known about them. This could either by being in your squad or playing against them. Batman with higher rep that are playing at international level would strengths and weaknesses found out sooner due to higher exposure.

The same applies to bowlers which currently we have even less info on the type of bowler they are. Are they able to move the ball off the seam or do they prefer to bang it in short of a length. Currently all we can go by is their bowling statics and also the contract size they request. Statistics can also influence depending on the conditions of pitch/weather they bowl in which can have a huge effect on their stats.

I would also like to see 2nd Xi teams where we can develop young prospects before introducing them into the 1st XI instead of just those already in the squad and the 1 or 2 we get when newgen are added for us to look at.

Training is another aspect that need improving with more feedback if the focus is having any affect.
                    Last edited by LastWicket; 04-10-2018, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Ability to add your own series schedule in off days.

Comment

The ability to schedule the future tours program/your own series. An Editor. An option for a more budget based game might be fun, like I'd love to grow a club from right out of the ground. Also the ability to change clubs or countries and coach new teams would be awesome.

Comment

being able to have a say in the pitch in international home series
                          pick and play as your A team - help in develop of youth

better regens, with maybe the 1 or 2 superstars that start off 17 or 18.
                          Records are made to be broken.
                          ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

In the custom match series mode can we please have an option where you can choose a team of players using the whole database available ?

The user could then create an all star xi game or pick a combined England and Australian team to play against an Indian and Pakistan xi for example. Would also allow the user to play the ECB North v South style game.

Comment

On Steam it mentions Ireland and Afghanistan careers, opener specific coaching, number of maidens bowled and batsman?s preferred place in the order. Says releasing July. Offers from other teams as well which a few people wanted.

Comment

Working...
                              X