This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Should clarify that I was thinking about that in relation to an expansion of all time greats.

If this real world leagues go ahead, they might make the calendar work well enough that we can do something with career international fixtures.
    Just out of interest Sureshot what historical test series or events would you like to see show up in the all time greats area?

Comment

Will there be any more database updates?

Comment

Yes, should be another update soon. Dropbox is very close.

Originally posted by hallmitchell View Post

Just out of interest Sureshot what historical test series or events would you like to see show up in the all time greats area?
        I think historical world cups would be great, but I know there's potential problems there with the rules of those eras. Making the AI realistic might be a challenge too.

World Series? There's an awful lot that could be done with ATG, which is a big problem in itself, if you don't pick the right things we could spend a lot of time on something that might not get much use.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
          Yes, should be another update soon. Dropbox is very close.

I think historical world cups would be great, but I know there's potential problems there with the rules of those eras. Making the AI realistic might be a challenge too.

World Series? There's an awful lot that could be done with ATG, which is a big problem in itself, if you don't pick the right things we could spend a lot of time on something that might not get much use.
          Thank you for getting back to us and points taken!

Comment

Only just coming to this - prompted by the recent update - really great to read about the progress being made. I think there has been some significant advances in the game in this iteration - the database is well balanced and the production of regenerated players is much better than previously (in previous versions the England team might be unrecognisable after two seasons). In terms of features I'd prefer concentration on aspects like bowler characteristics which will add strategic depth rather than the more cosmetic issues like DRS. For the international game, is it possible to implement a feature in which home conditions suit the home side? I know this is the case already (more spinnning pitches in Asia) but stats suggest that the home side in international cricket is much more likely to win than when playing away. I think the player should be able to have input into international pitches at home, too - it's clear that these are produced to favour the home side where possible.

Comment

I have a question about development, if i take a not so good young player, say with a 25 2nd xi batting average and play him in all the games that season and he performs well eg averages over 60 in fc for the year does his ability increase dramatically ? Or does he stay at the same level?

Comment

Hi there, I posted in the Cricket Captain 2018 thread but I would like to make an enquiry about the main feature I would love. Is it possible to have an in-game editor where I can adjust the stats of a player? I don't know how the engine works but I presume better players have higher parameters which makes them more likely to perform and it would be fun to be able to harness that. As mentioned in the aforementioned thread, I would easily pay for an optional in-game add-on if it's a fair price.

Comment

An in game editor is desperately needed. The game becomes so stale, for example the IPL has started but we will have to wait for the 2018 version for the updated squads. Also feel a fixture editor is needed so we can add a few more fixtures to a season, it gets frustrating when you're playing as West Indies or Pakistan and in a season you only play 6 tests or like 12 to 15 ODI's.
                  Make a editor similar to how football manager has where we can edit fixtures and squads. Even make us pay for the editor, Id be happy to pay for an in game editor.
                  It just gets fustrating because the county championship has begun but we have to play with the old squads, at least with an editor we can move players around ourselves.
                  The game is perfect as it is just make an editor with it please. Or someone who knows how to make an ICC in game editor make one and ill happily Pay for it.
                  Last edited by muzzy; 04-15-2018, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X