Regen quirks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regen quirks

Noticed a few things on my game in 2053 now.

Firstly, Australia have been absolutely shocking for over 20 years. Ranked number 8 or 9 terrible, I smash them every time and they simply aren't competitive. They had a bowler who took 800 test wickets at about 35 who was absolutely rubbish really. Took 200 wickets at nearly 40 in his test career against me but he just wheeled away for about 15 years. Has anybody else noticed poor Aussie regens? Is it random and they've been unlucky or are they under powered?

The other thing is the amount of bowlers who can't bat at all that the game throws up. Nearly every bowler I have simply can not bat, like average of 3 in 150 tests bad. A lot of other sides seem to have the same and it basically means when a side is 6 down they may as well be all out as 4 guys who on average get 12 between them don't last long! Doesn't seem very realistic at a time when bowlers can bat better than ever on the whole.

Also, really struggling to generate all rounders in the last few years. Seem to be a few at other counties but they're down in numbers in general it seems. Tried the trick of signing a load of them when they're old so when they retire it gives me more players but I just get more batsmen and bowlers, not all rounders.

Im in 2030 and can vouch for every point here, Australia are sitting at 7/8/9 in the world rankings now and all rounders are hard to come by, bowlers with shocking batting averages also a problem, it seems the quality of bowler improves but for the really good bowlers they can't bat whatsoever

Comment

Been this way as long as I can remember, really. I do wish that the quality of regens moved in "cycles" - i.e. it is a shame that, in almost every game I've played, England and India are always near the top of the rankings, and the West Indies and Bangladesh always remain near the bottom. I think it would be good if there was a bit more of variety.

Comment

Does the lack of first class team in Australia etc have an effect on the number of quality regens they get? This may be part of the reason why Australi, WI etc dont do well over time while England, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka have a large number of first class teams to generate regens.

How well does South Africa do over time as they rarely have weak national sides?

Comment

Working...
        X