X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by jk54321 View Post
    I know he's on the cover but is there some kind of error with Jimmy Anderson? He is still going in my game at the age of 44. Until last year he was still contracted to England despite not having played any cricket at all for about 4 seasons. I've given him a contract for the fun of it and even picked him a few times and he's still doing pretty good
    This is now fixed in the next patch, thank you jk so much for the save, without this it would have been pretty much impossible to find. The game wasn't retiring Jimmy as there weren't enough players how meet our conditions for a central contract, reducing these conditions has sorted the problem. Related to the expansion of English central contracted players for CC2017.
    Originally posted by moe View Post

Great thanks
    Removed from the next patch.

Leave a comment:

• moe
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Yes, it's a faff compared to how Dropbox will move saves between devices, but it is a workaround whilst we work on that big job.

Okay, looks like in the FTP that tour (in 16-17) was due to take place this year, but was actually played last year, slightly unusual occurance. I've asked Andy to remove.
    Great thanks

Leave a comment:

• Hughesy
    replied
    Yes - it was for an ODI series vs Pakistan. He didn't end up playing, mind you.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Called him up for an ODI?

Originally posted by hallmitchell View Post
    Having issues with the 1954 W.I vs Eng. historical scenario. Roy Gilchrist picked as 2nd opening bowler will only bowl one over. Then the spinners bowl all the overs. Never bowls G.Sobers. This is the computer playing as W.I. See upload.
    Have logged this.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-26-2017, 10:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hughesy
    replied
    Not sure if it's a bug per se, but I'm currently playing as Durham and in my second season, England have just called up Paul Coughlin. In 1.5 seasons, Paul Coughlin has played 1 List A match for me, scoring 21* and bowling 10 overs, 0 for 51. His stats in 2nd XI cricket are good. Just seems a bit strange to see an England call up for him, given the context (even if I am overlooking a major talent!).

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied

Thanks for that, didn't realise I could do that. Successfully managed to send it over to play on my Mac so all is good!
    Yes, it's a faff compared to how Dropbox will move saves between devices, but it is a workaround whilst we work on that big job.

From what I have read, there is no Sri Lankan tour to South Africa in November/December 2017 as there is in the game. There is one in Feb-Apr 2019 like there is in the game but no South African tour to Sri Lanka in the 2nd season, just the 3rd. This is what I'm going off;

I fancy starting a career with Sri Lanka but I don't fancy playing the same opposition over and over again.
    Okay, looks like in the FTP that tour (in 16-17) was due to take place this year, but was actually played last year, slightly unusual occurance. I've asked Andy to remove.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-26-2017, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• hallmitchell
    replied
    Having issues with the 1954 W.I vs Eng. historical scenario. Roy Gilchrist picked as 2nd opening bowler will only bowl one over. Then the spinners bowl all the overs. Never bowls G.Sobers. This is the computer playing as W.I. See upload.

Leave a comment:

• jk54321
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot

Being worked on, Dropbox deprecated the API we were using, so it was working in game until about a week before release. A massive job that has involved re-writing Dropbox for all platforms from the ground up. TickTock think we should have something this week.

You can manually move saves between Steam and Mac, if you press F1 (or Fn+F1 on Mac) it will tell you were your saved games are.

Thanks for that, didn't realise I could do that. Successfully managed to send it over to play on my Mac so all is good!

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    There's no "cover star mustn't retire" code. Will PM you jk as it'd be nice to look at your save.

Leave a comment:

• jedimasterlincoln
    replied
    I know he's on the cover but is there some kind of error with Jimmy Anderson? He is still going in my game at the age of 44. Until last year he was still contracted to England despite not having played any cricket at all for about 4 seasons. I've given him a contract for the fun of it and even picked him a few times and he's still doing pretty good
    I think I had similar with Chris Rogers in 2016..... though someone with a Somerset save might be able to confirm.

Leave a comment:

• jk54321
    replied

Leave a comment:

• moe
    replied

SA playing Sri Lanka so much looks right according to the FTP?
    From what I have read, there is no Sri Lankan tour to South Africa in November/December 2017 as there is in the game. There is one in Feb-Apr 2019 like there is in the game but no South African tour to Sri Lanka in the 2nd season, just the 3rd. This is what I'm going off;

I fancy starting a career with Sri Lanka but I don't fancy playing the same opposition over and over again.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied

Yes it was only showing the All option, not the batsman in which was a bit weird. Seems to have corrected itself now.

As an aside, why do Sri Lanka seem to play South Africa so often in the first 3 years of the game? Considering they toured there in real life in 16/17, I find it hard to believe they would tour this winter and then the following winter too. There are also home series against them in 2 consecutive years.

Could this be amended in the way the English tour schedule was, i.e them touring NZ after Australia? They seem to have an awful lot of fixtures in the first season Sri Lanka, so maybe the South Africa tour could be taken off this. Thanks,
    SA playing Sri Lanka so much looks right according to the FTP?
    Originally posted by Mongrel View Post
    Not sure whether just me, but only two youth players were generated in West Indies domestic cricket and both were English.
    Edit: Chris has fixed this for next patch.

When is dropbox on mac likely to work so we can transfer our games over between the different formats. I've actually bought the game twice, one on steam and once on Mac so it's pretty frustrating to find out I can't actually send the game over.
    Being worked on, Dropbox deprecated the API we were using, so it was working in game until about a week before release. A massive job that has involved re-writing Dropbox for all platforms from the ground up. TickTock think we should have something this week.

You can manually move saves between Steam and Mac, if you press F1 (or Fn+F1 on Mac) it will tell you were your saved games are.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-26-2017, 10:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• moe
    replied

Have you got the batsman filter set to all? All defaults to RHB, but individual batsman will be there handedness.
    Yes it was only showing the All option, not the batsman in which was a bit weird. Seems to have corrected itself now.

As an aside, why do Sri Lanka seem to play South Africa so often in the first 3 years of the game? Considering they toured there in real life in 16/17, I find it hard to believe they would tour this winter and then the following winter too. There are also home series against them in 2 consecutive years.

Could this be amended in the way the English tour schedule was, i.e them touring NZ after Australia? They seem to have an awful lot of fixtures in the first season Sri Lanka, so maybe the South Africa tour could be taken off this. Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• jk54321
    replied
    When is dropbox on mac likely to work so we can transfer our games over between the different formats. I've actually bought the game twice, one on steam and once on Mac so it's pretty frustrating to find out I can't actually send the game over.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X