Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't mean to sound like a moaner, but not including the ability to play careers with associate nations is incredibly disappointing. I recall asking for this every year from the 2010 version. And I'm definitely not the only one that has wanted to play with associates for so long.

Comment

Associate cricket is more complicated than normal internationals for various reasons. The amount of cricket played, is highly variable, I'm not sure how good a game mode it would be with the way the associate game is currently run. There is no clearly defined way for associate teams to get Test status. Not to mention the huge variation of AI, which is something in itself we'd have to learn. The difference between Afghanistan/Ireland and Jersey/Japan is massive, as I imagine the latter would struggle against Uni teams.

We know there's demand for it, but we've been focusing on expanding domestic teams for recent years. 130 domestic teams this year, 40 in CC2014.

It looks as though there could be significant changes in 2019 to the international game. I'd love to see it in the game too, but right now it has significant complications.

Comment

Great news that more information has been announced, however, at first glance it looks exactly the same game bar the fact T20 teams have been added and two more domestic leagues which are pretty standard things you'd expect from a cricket simulator. It looks like you've just updated the player database and no doubt UI will get a recolor and be labeled as updated and new.

The addition of the WI domestic league is definitely a welcome addition as it should make playing with their international team more immersive and it'll be good to hunt around and keep a check on your players. Also the new international versus records are a good touch. Ultimately, I'll reserve judgment until the game is actually out but that is part of the problem. Year on year you expect us to pay for what is, in essence, the same game (the most remarkable change in recent years I can think off is the scoring rate being upped to reflect the modern game) barring the fact you update the database. As well as the fact the engagement with the community throughout the year is minimal, I do appreciate this game will take extremely long to code but take the new announcement thread as an example, you guys announced the new game and said there will be information soon and didn't tell us anything for a month. I really hope the suggestions of the community that have been put forward over the year have been listened to and if the game is CC2016 with an updated database and a change of colors, I'm afraid for CC2018 you would have lost a loyal member who has been playing the game since the days it was owned by Empire Interactive.

As I say though, I will reserve judgment until the game is out and I have more information and I sincerely hope it is a good and updated game with a fresh feel to it.

Comment

Looking forward to the 2017 version. If there are a few grouses over 2016, these are;
          1) Tweaking player ability within reason (for example, a bowler like Bumrah could be exceptional in his first few years, but fizzle out thereafter)
          2) Adding an injury meter which can be tweaked for players over the years (like how often they get injured, for instance, Mitchell Starc)
          3) Tweaking bowling ability and batting ability within reasonable limits to justify how a player pans out over a period of time (maybe at the beginning of every new season)
          4) MoM algorithm to be tweaked to give out this award only to a player from the winning team
          5) MoS award at the end of every 3 or more match series (would be interesting!)
          6) Ability to tweak the Future Tours program at the beginning of every new season

I guess all of the above could be implemented with patches over the next few months after the official release.

Comment

Have you guys changed the player development to be more dynamic and unpredictable? My buying decision is soley based on this question.

Comment

Originally posted by muhammad saad View Post
              Have you guys changed the player development to be more dynamic and unpredictable? My buying decision is soley based on this question.
              A couple of years ago Chris changed player development to be more dynamic, he's got an idea to extend that to be even more variable for younger players, but this is unlikely to make it in to release. But we can patch it.

Comment

From Last 3 iteration , I am seeing the white bowl got invisible when fast bowler bowls to batsman in one day 50% cases happened , Mainly not able to see the white bowl on pitch after bowler through and before batsman hit the shot .
                After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                Is my Next Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

A couple of years ago Chris changed player development to be more dynamic, he's got an idea to extend that to be even more variable for younger players, but this is unlikely to make it in to release. But we can patch it.
                  Will it possible for you guys to add that in patch 4-6 weeks after release , I can wait that long for this game , Its the only thing I ever wanted from this game and I have been ranting for this feature on this forum since 2008 lol.

Comment

Can you expand on the improved player abilities?

Comment

Originally posted by muhammad saad View Post

Will it possible for you guys to add that in patch 4-6 weeks after release , I can wait that long for this game , Its the only thing I ever wanted from this game and I have been ranting for this feature on this forum since 2008 lol.
                      Can't give a time frame on it at the moment, keep an eye on patch notes, etc.

Comment

No prob mate , I have waited 9 years so few more weeks is not a big deal

Comment

Gotta say well done guys. I understand that it must be very difficult and time consuming putting in new features so it's great to see that your working really hard to improve the game and make it more dynamic. Your contributions are generally underrated so thanks for persevering and looking forward to this years version!

Comment

Originally posted by Prefect View Post
                            Gotta say well done guys. I understand that it must be very difficult and time consuming putting in new features so it's great to see that your working really hard to improve the game and make it more dynamic. Your contributions are generally underrated so thanks for persevering and looking forward to this years version!
                            Thanks for the kind words. I'm looking forward to showing off the ground and versus records

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Thanks for the kind words. I'm looking forward to showing off the ground and versus records
                              Do you not think it's patronising that we are supposed to appreciate the fact you have improved the aesthetics of the game whilst largely leaving the substance untouched. As well as ignoring most of the criticism most of which has been constructive and replying to the one person who says it is great to see you are working really hard to improve the game whilst at the same time you ignore us for most of the year. I appreciate the new versus records of course but these aren't exactly earth-shattering features also the addition of new domestic leagues are also not earth-shattering rather for a game that is supposed to be a market leader these should be basic additions not the centrepiece.

Unless there are things you haven't told us I think it's disappointing training hasn't been touched and given more context especially for the bowlers. Associate nations still haven't been added. 2nd XI leagues would help make the game more immersive, players ability should be more dynamic and fluctuate year on year like they do IRL, however, there are never really any major surprises or players becoming excellent after 28 or so e.g. Chris Rogers, Andrew Tye. Maybe more batting options to be added rather than just an aggression meter which see's players playing unnecessary strokes or not scoring quick enough. An international calendar before the season starts for county overseas players. County leagues running alongside an International Career so in England we can see what players are in Div 1 & 2. Being able to swap fielders by name instead of having to drag them in and out of position. International A teams. And also the fact that the game has no customisation options at all serious damages the longevity of the game and doesn't give us room to be creative; whether it is creating our international schedule or editing players abilities somewhat which I think, now, there is some kind of consensus that it should be implemented.

I do appreciate coding is immensely difficult and time consuming but why have a feature requests thread to just ignore 99% of the suggestions that are posted in there and still expect us to buy your game. I think that you are lucky there is not much competition in the market at all. I appreciate that you at least give us some kind of game and I appreciate you must work hard but when the game is virtually the same year on year and you expect us to be amazed by updated aesthetics, even the first FIFA contained the domestic leagues of all the main international nations. As I say I appreciate you may not have the budget rather I'm highlighting how these are basic features. As I have said above if you carry on treating your fanbase with contempt the fanbase will evaporate quicker than it already is.

Comment

I kinda agree with danieallum, I feel last year you got some excellent feedback and feature requests of which lots of them were incredibly basic (altering highlight speeds of certain bowling actions, new camera angles etc etc) and had some real input from the community yet all we get is a sugar coated database update which no doubt we will be feeding back to Sureshot in a few days time when a ton of players turn out to have inaccuracies and be well off ability wise.

I will still buy the game, there is no doubt at that but it is very disappointing to see so little progress when there is STILL massive potential for this game to utterly explode. Look at numerous average cricket gaming apps, and youtube videos and you'll see millions of plays and views with countless comments, yet this game just seems to be a backseat project as added income for the game owners. Honestly the game hasn't moved on much at all from the first version I played (I think ICC 98?) and 'development' appears to be moving a few things around in the HUD, changing a few menu layouts and colours and maybe adding 1 new feature which we don't even seem to have this year. The new camera angles for the highlights was a superb addition that actually seriously added something to the game, but again we just see no follow up and it is very frustrating to see when all the ingredients for a great game are there... I really don't see adding new leagues/countries as new features either, they are absolute minimums for me

Just thought I'd add this feedback from a recent reddit thread I saw https://www.reddit.com/r/Cricket/com...res_announced/

Last edited by ashhh; 07-04-2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X