Dropbox not working? (PC version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropbox not working? (PC version)

Hey guys, appreciate this is a busy time of year for you so no worries if the response to this old question is late!

On CC15 (PC), what is it that triggers a save to be uploaded to dropbox? I have recently got the Android version of CC15 on my tablet, and that has no trouble either downloading files from /Users/Dropbox/Childish Things/International Cricket Captain 2015/saves, or uploading them once it is done. The PC version, however, never seems to play ball. I have ticked 'Enable Dropbox' from the options in the main menu and the in-save options menu, yet when I save the game, it is not uploaded to Dropbox, and when I restart the game, the 'Enable Dropbox' option is once again unticked.

Not a huge deal, just would like to know what could be going on!

Cheers

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
    Hey guys, appreciate this is a busy time of year for you so no worries if the response to this old question is late!

On CC15 (PC), what is it that triggers a save to be uploaded to dropbox? I have recently got the Android version of CC15 on my tablet, and that has no trouble either downloading files from /Users/Dropbox/Childish Things/International Cricket Captain 2015/saves, or uploading them once it is done. The PC version, however, never seems to play ball. I have ticked 'Enable Dropbox' from the options in the main menu and the in-save options menu, yet when I save the game, it is not uploaded to Dropbox, and when I restart the game, the 'Enable Dropbox' option is once again unticked.

Not a huge deal, just would like to know what could be going on!

Cheers
    This was an issue a couple others reported, not something we can repeat. It's probably something to do with permissions. Dropbox was really, really awkward for 2016 implemention. For 2017 we have other plans.

You should still be able to move these saves between Android/PC manually using the same dropbox save folder, it just won't work within the game.

Have you recently upgraded to Win10 or changed anti-virus software?

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

This was an issue a couple others reported, not something we can repeat. It's probably something to do with permissions. Dropbox was really, really awkward for 2016 implemention. For 2017 we have other plans.

You should still be able to move these saves between Android/PC manually using the same dropbox save folder, it just won't work within the game.

Have you recently upgraded to Win10 or changed anti-virus software?

Thanks for that Sureshot, wanted to know if it was just me - upgraded to Win10 a while ago but have no idea if that's when it stopped working! Have fixed it enough with this so that it doesn't annoy me any more!
      Wouldn't it be great if you could start playing a game on one computer, save it, then pick up where you left off on another computer? Here's how to sync all your game saves with Dropbox.

Comment

Working...
      X