Cricket Captain 2016 Release Date Speculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2016 Release Date Speculations

2015 version was released on 8th July. So the 2016 version, I assume, is around the corner. Even after so many years, the excitement of a new version is still the same. With the database reviews already there, I hope we would be able to play it in 2-3 weeks.
    Great to see that domestic systems are being added every year. I was again (just like every year since last 15 years) hoping for associate career modes. Disappointed on that. But at least they are playable in World Cup T20 now. Waiting for the full feature list and release date.
    Waiting eagerly for ICC 2014.

I'm really looking forward to it too. I reckon a little later than early July - but by the end of the month surely. There are a few hints about content, including that the NZ domestic system will be modelled! A great day for us Kiwi fans, although I'm wondering why the player list isnt up on the other forum yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Raver View Post
      I'm really looking forward to it too. I reckon a little later than early July - but by the end of the month surely. There are a few hints about content, including that the NZ domestic system will be modelled! A great day for us Kiwi fans, although I'm wondering why the player list isnt up on the other forum yet?
      Oh it is in the Database Forum. I think you missed the page 2. All teams are there - Auckland, Canterbury, ND, CD, Wellington, etc.
      Waiting eagerly for ICC 2014.

Comment

Oh wonderful, thanks! I'm in heaven ... and beginning to realise how little I know about the NZ domestic scene. Thankfully I have the fantasy world of CC to help me learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Anku31 View Post
          2015 version was released on 8th July. So the 2016 version, I assume, is around the corner. Even after so many years, the excitement of a new version is still the same. With the database reviews already there, I hope we would be able to play it in 2-3 weeks.
          Great to see that domestic systems are being added every year. I was again (just like every year since last 15 years) hoping for associate career modes. Disappointed on that. But at least they are playable in World Cup T20 now. Waiting for the full feature list and release date.
          Shouldn't be long before full announcement.

We've investigated Associate Career quite a bit, it's quite complicated (to put it bluntly, though that's not such a big deal) but I'm not convinced the real world system is that great (associate team captains generally agree with that), particularly in terms of how it works in CC gameplay and linking it to the existing International modes and features. The World Cups will be fun and will be useful for us for data/feedback from having Associates in Cricket Captain that will no doubt help us with a career mode.

I'm really looking forward to getting some proper saves going in NZ and SA. I've played Aus for the last couple of releases mostly, the 6 teams makes it so competitive and there's generally less "dead" matches than in England.

40 domestic teams in CC2014, 79 in CC2016. Getting there.

And yes, the 2016 DB forum has a couple of pages. I did wonder if some had missed that, though when people reply to threads it'll sort it out as they get bumped up.

Comment

Working...
          X