No announcement yet.

Problem with dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 Ultimate on both of your machines, Blade?

Raver, do you have OneDrive installed on either of your machines?

It'll also be useful to answer the previous question on this page about your username on both machines.

Comment

Sorry about the tardy responses - I have to kick the kids off the desktop in order to check on that one.

I do have onedrive installed on both machines (both are windows 10), but have never configured or used it.

Same user name on both computers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
        Windows 7 Ultimate on both of your machines, Blade?

Raver, do you have OneDrive installed on either of your machines?

It'll also be useful to answer the previous question on this page about your username on both machines.

Working Machine is Windows 7 Pro, seeing as it is a work PC, non working PC is Windows 7 Ultimate.

Comment

Right, I think our next step is to rule out a problem with the Dropbox account itself. I think the best way to do this is on a separate user account on both machines, setup and link a new dropbox account (not a VM, Blade. I think a VM, whilst in theory should work fine, it's probably best to avoid for testing any potential new fixes.)

I'm still very much clutching at straws here, unfortunately, trying to fix problems we can't recreate is hard enough at the best of times, this is particularly puzzling. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in replying, big issues at University.

Will test this weekend and post the results

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
              Right, I think our next step is to rule out a problem with the Dropbox account itself. I think the best way to do this is on a separate user account on both machines, setup and link a new dropbox account (not a VM, Blade. I think a VM, whilst in theory should work fine, it's probably best to avoid for testing any potential new fixes.)

I'm still very much clutching at straws here, unfortunately, trying to fix problems we can't recreate is hard enough at the best of times, this is particularly puzzling. Thanks for your patience.
              New account, no luck. Setting does not "stick" and the game does not even create the "Childish Things" folder in dropbox

Comment

Apologies, I've been meaning to acknowledge this, been busy with with 2016 bits and bobs. Thanks for the update.

Back to the headscratching board...

Comment

Blade and Raver, just in case you don't see it, I've PM'd both of you.

Comment

Thanks Sureshot. Did I manage to reply to that? I seemed to have trouble.

Comment

I'm figuring you didnt get my PM sureshot?

Comment

Working...
                      X