This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Windows 10] Cricket Captain 2015 on Steam

Hi, I am considering upgrading to Windows 10 and I am wondering if CC15 is compatible with Windows 10? Does anyone have Windows 10 and is using the game?

It's compatible, I use Windows 10 and run the game. On my laptop, it was one of several things that didn't work due to my graphics card needing updated drivers or something. I couldn't be bothered trying to fix the issues with the laptop and reverted back to 7.

Works fine on PC, laptops on 10 are ebola.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumblah View Post
      It's compatible, I use Windows 10 and run the game. On my laptop, it was one of several things that didn't work due to my graphics card needing updated drivers or something. I couldn't be bothered trying to fix the issues with the laptop and reverted back to 7.

Works fine on PC, laptops on 10 are ebola.
      Thanks mate !

Comment

Some driver support on Windows 10 is better than other drivers.

We do now have a DirectX9 executable in the game:
        C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cricket Captain 2015\CricketCaptainDX9.exe

We had one customer who had updated their machine to Windows 10 and the game wouldn't run. Running through the DX9 executable got the game running without issue. Their GPU was the first generation HD Graphics, which is 2010.

We are always dependent on graphics drivers, the DX9 executable will help matters, but it's no guarantee. As always with PC gaming and hardware support, older hardware is always more likely to have problems.

This is quite a new addition to the game and there are some things we're working on with this still.

My recommendation for anyone thinking about upgrading to Windows 10 is to do a dxdiag of your machine:

Press Windows key and R at the same time on your keyboard
        Type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the box and press enter
        Look at your display adapter device name and chip type (Display Tab) and model name (System Tab)

Then google both of these with Windows 10, you should be able to find other people's experience with Windows 10, gaming and that device.

The game runs on Windows 10 without problem, but GPU/display drivers are very important and should always be sourced direct from the manufacturer. The little bit of research suggested above should make things easier for you to make a decision.

I've updated the title of this thread and have stickied it, as some people might look for Win10 information.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working good on Windows 10 with Latest Nvidia drivers
            After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
            Is my Next Dream

Comment

Hi Sureshot,

i currently have this problem, since converting to windows 10 i can no longer run the game, it says " cricket captain requires OpenGL2.0 or above (found Opengl 1.1 ) which is currently not supported on your machine" .. is there anything i can do to combat this, i am not fantastic with computers so i have not been able to solve this problem, any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hi,

I have replied to your e-mail, for some reason it ended up in our spam folder, so I didn't see it until today.

Comment

Windows 10 is completely Flop , totally unstable crashing after some time .
                  After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                  Is my Next Dream

Comment

I currently have this problem, since converting to windows 10 i can no longer run the game, it says " cricket captain requires OpenGL2.0 or above (found Opengl 1.1 ) which is currently not supported on your machine" .. is there anything i can do to combat this, i am not fantastic with computers so i have not been able to solve this problem, any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Have you contacted us through support?

This will be related to drivers.

Comment

Working...
                      X