Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cricket Captain 2015 15.07 released (highlights options available)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2015 15.07 released (highlights options available)

Morning,

There's been a Steam update released this morning.

- Added highlights options to improve highlight speed on lower devices
    - Added network game chat functionality to in-match screen
    - Fixed missing squad selection after some tri-series
    - Updated database

For those of you who experience low frame rates, please update and go in to the options menu. There's a little question mark on this screen which explain what these options do.

Shadows are quite an expensive resource, so please start by removing these. Then move on to disabling Depth of Field.

All these options are enabled by default. This is how you've been using the game since release, so most users won't need to change these.

I've got an old laptop (~7 years old), disabling shadows has bumped the FPS up from 10 to low 20s. Disabling Depth of Field takes this up to the 30s.

Please ensure you're using the Performance plan in Power Options in the Windows Control Panel (depending on your settings, you might need to go in to System and Security), this can make a bit of difference. Also ensure you've got the latest drivers as performance gains can be had here too, though very old chipsets are unlikely to be supported any more, you might still find newer drivers available.

Please note, that as per the on-screen instructions, you will need to restart the game when you change these options.

We've also added in-match chat for network games, updated the database and fixed an issue with squad selection missing after certain tri-series, that was a bit weird to track down, so delighted to fix that!

Sureshot
    Last edited by Sureshot; 08-22-2015, 12:22 PM.

I've just been onto Steam, and the last update is still showing as 15.05 from 6/8/15.

Any ideas why I can't see 15.06 yet?

Also, was Mason Crane included in the new Database update?

Comment

Mason Crane was added in 15.05, but will only appear in new saves.

I don't think we've updated the Steam announcements yet, but 15.06 is live, so you should be able to see the update either showing as (update queued) when looking at the game in the library, or in the Downloads section of the Steam Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
        Mason Crane was added in 15.05, but will only appear in new saves.

I don't think we've updated the Steam announcements yet, but 15.06 is live, so you should be able to see the update either showing as (update queued) when looking at the game in the library, or in the Downloads section of the Steam Library.
        Ok, thanks.

It is possible it already downloaded automatically then without me noticing earlier. How can I check what version I'm currently running please?

Comment

Scrap my last post, just found it, and is already installed.

Comment

I've just started autoplaying seasons with Zimbabwe (something I sometimes do after a database update so I can see who is being selected etc for other Test nations - mainly SA!).

I've noticed a couple of things that I hadn't before.

Firstly, the game sometimes crashes just before the start of a new season (you get taken back to the desktop with a message indicating the game has stopped working). This hasn't happened to me before?

Secondly, I've noticed that after 4-5 seasons, nearly all the Test teams are rated 5 stars in terms of quality?

There have also been some bizarre rankings disparities - for example I noticed that SA were ranked 1st/2nd in ODIs for many seasons whilst simultaneously being ranked 7th/8th in Tests. Whilst possible, I think it is unlikely such an extreme difference would exist between the formats.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the game, and am about to start a Kent and India game! Hope my observations (for what they are worth) are useful.

PS thanks for the tips on highlights etc - if only all developers offered helpful advice on improving game efficiency. I am very lucky to have a new machine that runs everything smoothly, but I've been hampered by a museum piece for years!
            Last edited by Graham_5000; 08-22-2015, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Really pleased with the game, although there was one relatively enormous issue with the last database:
              Why in the name of all that is cricket does Luis Reece get picked by England? There is little enough evidence that as a 25 year old averaging 30 he will ever play test cricket, but having him picked in 2015 (as happened on my game) is fairly barmy.
              I'm hoping this has been fixed this time around, and if not it's something to look out for in any future versions.

Comment

Just a quick question.

Does anyone know whether bowling economically improves a bowler's form? A bowler of mine is bowling tidily in ODIs and T20Is, but not taking wickets, but he has rock bottom bowling form.

Comment

Just downloaded the new update via steam and have decided to alter the highlight settings (as I had previously been experiencing rather slow highlights speed) and I've found that no players are visible during highlights. Is there a trick I'm missing? Not sure if anyone has experienced this as well?

Comment

Do they reappear if you turn the settings back on? None of the options should remove the players, but it would be interesting to know what options you currently have off.

Comment

Currently shadows, D.O.P, and pic in pic are disabled. I will attempt to enable D.O.P and see if that makes a difference

Comment

Re-enabled the depth of field and still the highlights are only showing the bat and helmet of players. The ball is visible as well as the pitch and stumps

Comment

Hmm, what about re-enabling shadows?
                          Are these problems new since the patch?

Comment

I'll give it a go

Yeah, only ever had slow highlights till 15.06

Comment

Still same issue with the shadow enabled

Comment

Working...
                              X