X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by kishorea View Post
    Thanks for the appreciation, Dick Van Dykes!

It'll be fun if more of us can share the custom fields that have worked for us.
    Amy time mate - great posts

You just need to sort me out with some spinners fields now pal

Leave a comment:

• 7thGalaxy
    replied
    So I'm still having real problems actually winning games.. although maybe I'm suffering because I'm playing as Derby. I can't seem to stop opposition teams scoring huge totals, and then my batsmen seem to be skittled. The latter I guess is just luck - my tactic is to gradually work up to three aggression (up to the line) and then leave them there unless I need to make a score - I do get quite low run rates, but Derby's initial lineup is rather defensive.

However, the bowlers seem to be totally feckless, they can't get anyone out or prevent them from getting to high scores.

It feels like my team does better if I just let the AI take the game!

Leave a comment:

• kishorea
    replied
    By the way, this is a question for Chris and Sureshot.

Does the aggression level of a bowler have an effect that is independent of the field placements? Is there a purpose for this control other than changing fields? Does it sometimes make sense to bowl with say, 3 aggression bars, with a highly spread out field - as in targeting the stumps for a tail-ender while having sweepers out to save boundaries in a tight situation?

Well, that ended up being 3 questions! But it's about the same thing after all..
    Last edited by kishorea; 07-24-2015, 06:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kishorea
    replied
    Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
    I think I know the one
    I use some of their field setting for my spinner in limited over games.

I recommend the other thread on this as I have definitely noticed success when trying some of these field placings - Kishorea well played mate!

http://forum.childishdownloads.co.uk...eld-Placements
    Thanks for the appreciation, Dick Van Dykes!

It'll be fun if more of us can share the custom fields that have worked for us.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Did anyone see Brendan McCullums 10 minute feature in field placing during the England one day series with NZ?
    On you tube I think
    Have tried using some of his logic with varying success

4 slips for first few overs or a field based on bowling solely at leg stump - very interesting

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by RVallant View Post
    There's a coaching website that explains certain fields as 'stock' and how to adjust it for limited overs games. Personally, I think this information should be in the manual, or maybe a tutorial as I think field settings are an important, yet much neglected part of the game.

For Fast or Med-Fast; I've tried the "V" field; Third Man, (extra) Cover, Mid-off, Mid-on, Mid-wicket, Long leg. Double-slip and gully, but I found that they could just pad it off to the leg side for singles all the time. So I brought in the long-leg to short leg in order to cut that out. The problem I find is the lack of a 'sticking' point on the field, so I can't really judge if I'm placing the fielders too far or too close for the position I want.

Alas!

Anyway for Off-Spinners I try: Slip, Short leg, Silly Mid-on, Mid-On, Mid-off, Extra Cover, Point, Mid-wicket, Backwards square leg. Think that covers most of the areas.

Oh, that fielding coaching site is interesting as it suggests that bowling even in 20-20 should be middle and off and never wide off or leg.
    I think I know the one
    I use some of their field setting for my spinner in limited over games.

I recommend the other thread on this as I have definitely noticed success when trying some of these field placings - Kishorea well played mate!

Leave a comment:

• Chris Child
    replied
    For slip placement, the easiest method is to select a field with the number of slips you want (or a very aggressive filed) and edit from there.

Some interesting ideas in this thread. I'll talk them through with the team.

Leave a comment:

• kishorea
    replied
    Originally posted by RVallant View Post
    The problem I find is the lack of a 'sticking' point on the field, so I can't really judge if I'm placing the fielders too far or too close for the position I want.
    I think this is another feature that we need. I've really struggled to place slips at the right position. 1st slip inevitably ends up standing right behind the keeper!

Leave a comment:

• kishorea
    replied
    Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
    I'd like to see "better" default settings. In a Test match for example it is quite common to want 3 slips and a gully plus a boundary sweeper or two. In limited overs games I would like the fielders outside of the ring to be right on the boundary rope. These are two very different examples - perhaps there should be different default field settings for each format? I make my own custom fields, but this takes a lot of time, as does loading them each time I change bowlers. I would imagine there are others who would like "better" default field options.
    Agree completely. I think what we need is a feature that allows attaching certain custom fields to aggression levels, so that we can switch between our preferred custom fields simply by changing aggression.

Leave a comment:

• RVallant
    replied
    There's a coaching website that explains certain fields as 'stock' and how to adjust it for limited overs games. Personally, I think this information should be in the manual, or maybe a tutorial as I think field settings are an important, yet much neglected part of the game.

For Fast or Med-Fast; I've tried the "V" field; Third Man, (extra) Cover, Mid-off, Mid-on, Mid-wicket, Long leg. Double-slip and gully, but I found that they could just pad it off to the leg side for singles all the time. So I brought in the long-leg to short leg in order to cut that out. The problem I find is the lack of a 'sticking' point on the field, so I can't really judge if I'm placing the fielders too far or too close for the position I want.

Alas!

Anyway for Off-Spinners I try: Slip, Short leg, Silly Mid-on, Mid-On, Mid-off, Extra Cover, Point, Mid-wicket, Backwards square leg. Think that covers most of the areas.

Oh, that fielding coaching site is interesting as it suggests that bowling even in 20-20 should be middle and off and never wide off or leg.

Leave a comment:

• jedimasterlincoln
    replied
    Yes it would be nice for custom fields to remain in place regardless of the bowler........ then you'd only really need to change the field for slower bowlers when the keeper is up.

Leave a comment:

• Graham_5000
    replied
    I'd like to see "better" default settings. In a Test match for example it is quite common to want 3 slips and a gully plus a boundary sweeper or two. In limited overs games I would like the fielders outside of the ring to be right on the boundary rope. These are two very different examples - perhaps there should be different default field settings for each format? I make my own custom fields, but this takes a lot of time, as does loading them each time I change bowlers. I would imagine there are others who would like "better" default field options.

Leave a comment:

• kishorea
    replied
    Even in limited overs matches, I think one should keep looking to take wickets. After all, the best way to stop the flow of runs is to take wickets. I usually keep a slip or two when a batsman is new at the crease.

Leave a comment:

• 7thGalaxy
    replied
    For one day/20-20 do you use more aggressive fields to match the more aggressive batting?

Leave a comment:

• kishorea
    replied
    I guess you're doing all the right things! Hopefully you're luck will turn around.

Having played ball by ball quite a bit in FC matches, overall I don't find much difference in the results while playing ball-by-ball or over-by-over. I've felt that it helps sometimes, but there have been other times when I'd be doing poorly and playing an over at a time drastically improved things!

In limited overs matches playing every ball helps to respond quickly to what the opposition is doing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X