X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdenson97 View Post
    Lancs
    Ed Moulton released at the end of last season Released
    George Bell signed. England U19 international(Defensive Bat and Wicketkeeper)
    Joe Mennie also signed as a 3rd Overseas player(just played for the 2nds so far) Have you got a link for this? I can see he was in a recent 2nd xi, but nothing on a signing on club website, etc.
    Quoting this as well, for maximum exposure!

Comment

Another for Somerset, Will Smeed should be an opener in T20. Opens every game for Somerset and Birmingham Pheonix

Changed
      Last edited by Sureshot; 06-11-2022, 11:26 AM.

Comment

My thoughts on Sussex:
        • Ali Orr should definitely be a part-time keeper at best - he hasn't kept much but did once for the seconds last year and the byes were... numerous. Changed
        • Tom Alsop's just signed a Sussex deal to the end of 2025 if you care about that sort of thing. He should also possibly be more aggressive in white ball? Historically his SRs are low but he's striking at 176 in the Blast this year.
        • Harrison Ward probably shouldn't be a white-ball opener - even when we were missing an opener this week Ravi moved up to open & Harrison stayed at 6. Another one who should probably move up to Average or higher white-ball aggression. Changed to middle order.
        • Jamie Atkins is pretty sharp pace-wise - I'd say RMF? Changed
        • Equally, George Burrows isn't RF pace - maybe even down to RFM based on what I've seen. Gone to RMF for now
        • I'd have George Garton as an allrounder - appreciate it's a hard line to draw but he's been consistently batting in the top 7 for a couple of years now. Agree, he now is an all-rounder.
        • Personally I'd say Luke Wright, Ravi Bopara & Will Beer should both be retired from FC - they're all currently on white ball contracts and I would be massively surprised if any of them ever played another red ball game for anyone. (Ignore me if this is not what the greying-out means) All retired from FC
        Last edited by Sureshot; 06-11-2022, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Sussex:
          Rawlins and Garton should be all-rounders. Both now ARs
          Burrows was only signed on a month long contract at the start of the season, I've not seen that this was extended.
          The squad should include Charlie Tear https://sussexcricket.co.uk/news/new...coles-and-tear Added
          Ward should be aggressive in OD/T20 (not sure about FC) based on this season.
          Clark opened in OD last season before getting injured so should be a OD opener. He's OD/20over opener
          The following players were injured at the start of the season: Hudson-Prentice, Archer (elbow), Carson (knee), Garton (long covid), Hunt, Robinson (back?).
          Beer is on a T20 only contract. Retired from all but 20 over now
          Mills' batting has improved, he seems to connect a bit more and should be Aggressive in T20.
          Last edited by Sureshot; 06-11-2022, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Leics
            surely Ackerman and Lilley are bats only now, have both bowled less then Steel combined Ackermann bowled a lot last season, including opening the bowling in 20 over. Lilley is close, but just about all-rounder still. Steel now AR.
            patel is middle order bat normally now Tricky, he opened in LA last year, but the LA comp doesn't mean much any more. Now just a middle order.
            Ahmed needs a decent boost and is also an all rounder
            possibly a boost for Ben mike also
            Last edited by Sureshot; 06-11-2022, 11:47 AM.

Comment

For Durham: Jack Burnham was released at the end of last season.

Nathan Sowter has been signed on loan from Middlesex for the rest of the season for all formats.

Harry Crawshaw should really be an all-rounder. Though the couple of t20s he played for Durham were as a bowler he is more of batting all-rounder. For example for the England u19s he batted 5 and didn’t bowl.

Academy batter Jonathan Bushnell is making his Championship debut against Worcestershire today, he is carded to bat at 5.
              Last edited by DEECLS; 06-12-2022, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by r4V3N View Post
                Leics
                surely Ackerman and Lilley are bats only now, have both bowled less then Steel combined Ackermann bowled a lot last season, including opening the bowling in 20 over. Lilley is close, but just about all-rounder still. Steel now AR.
                patel is middle order bat normally now Tricky, he opened in LA last year, but the LA comp doesn't mean much any more. Now just a middle order.
                Ahmed needs a decent boost and is also an all rounder
                possibly a boost for Ben mike also
                Ackermann hasn't been bowling so far this season due a persistent side strain so would assume he'll be back bowling in t20 especially when that clears up so sounds the right call Nige. Patel should be FC 3, OD 3, t20 5. He might open in the One Day Cup but he also might not given the state of it these days.

Comment

Working...
                X