X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Career

SQUAD ANNOUNCEMENT
    3 June 2022

After the impressive tour of Pakistan earlier this year, Pat Cummins will lead a 16-man squad to Sri Lanka ahead of the two Test matches to be played in Galle.

Mitchell Swepson and Ashton Agar will support Nathan Lyon, while Michael Neser and Scott Boland provide cover for Cummins, Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc. Long considered an excellent player of spin bowling, Peter Handscomb returns to the Test squad as reserve batsman while also serving as backup wicketkeeper to Alex Carey.

Aaron Finch will lead the ODI and T20I squads in the limited overs fixtures that precede the Tests. White ball mainstay Marcus Stoinis will miss the tour with a broken finger, giving Test allrounder Cameron Green a chance to establish himself in the limited overs sides.

Josh Inglis, Ben McDermott, Ashton Turner and Glenn Maxwell have been picked in a new-look T20 squad ahead of the World Cup later this year. Cummins and Starc will miss the T20 series, with Jhye Richardson and Kane Richardson called up in their place.

Test Squad: Pat Cummins (c), Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Michael Neser, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner

ODI Squad: Aaron Finch (c), ​​Ashton Agar, ​Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, ​Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, ​Jhye Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, ​Adam Zampa​

T20I Squad: Aaron Finch (c), ​​Ashton Agar, ​Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, ​Travis Head, ​Josh Inglis, Mitchell Marsh, ​Glenn Maxwell, Ben McDermott, ​Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Ashton Turner, Matthew Wade, David Warner, ​Adam Zampa

Tour Itinerary
    7 June: First T20I, Colombo
    8 June: Second T20I, Colombo
    11 June: Third T20I, Kandy
    14 June: First ODI, Kandy
    16 June: Second ODI, Kandy
    19 June: Third ODI, Colombo
    21 June: Fourth ODI, Colombo
    24 June: Fifth ODI, Colombo
    29 June: First Test, Galle
    8 July: Second Test, Galle​
    Last edited by mariospeedwagon; 01-11-2023, 04:19 AM.
Working...
X