Hat-Trick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hat-Trick

Are having one of your bowlers take a Hat-Trick an achievment?

I've only got a screenshot of two but there are a few others. And of course, I've been on the receiving end of just as many. Just about all of the hattricks I've taken have been in T20 matches, typically against the lower order of a weaker team and with either a gun regen player or a star international doing the damage with the ball. Depending on how many matches you've played, I'm guessing it's not out of the ordinary to have seen a number of them over the years. It would be nice if it were tracked as an in-game stat since a hat-trick is considered one of the pinnacle achievements of bowling.

My most recent is this one, which I believe is from an AUS T20 match. Unfortunately, I only grabbed the over summary.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	hattie.png Views:	0 Size:	123.1 KB ID:	80100

What is probably my greatest CC achievement is skittling India with Zampa. If my memory is correct, Sams took the final wicket on the very next ball to make it seven consecutive wickets.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	hattrick.png Views:	0 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	80099

And just because, here's an almost hat-trick from CC21 from around the time we were discussing how many dropped catches happened in CC.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	dropped hattie.png Views:	0 Size:	92.5 KB ID:	80101
    Last edited by Wilted; 11-22-2022, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Your last scorecard reminds me of a game in Port Augusta 50 years ago. I had a batsman dropped three times in one over. He made over 150 not out. It was a two-day game.

Comment

Just took four wickets in four balls and then the over ended in a run out (needless running on the last ball of a T20 innings). Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to undo the damage done in the first 19 overs on a bowler-friendly pitch.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	5 in an over.png Views:	0 Size:	540.9 KB ID:	80110

Edit: In one 16-game AUS T20 season, I bagged two hattricks. At this point, I don't think taking a hattrick in a T20 match is any more of an achievement than taking more than five wickets in a match. In fact, I've probably seen more hattricks than 6+ wicket hauls.

Taking a Test/FC hattrick on the other hand is probably an achievement that is as rare as it is in real life.
        Last edited by Wilted; 11-27-2022, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X