X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGetOutToFullTosses
    replied
    University Match v Oxford MCCU

Team - Masood, Reece, Madsen (C), du Plooy, Finch, Wallis, Guest (+), Henderson, Aitchison, Cohen, Conners

I go for a pretty experienced lineup, while also giving our two youth players a game. Lakmal is unlucky to be out but will probably be in for our first County Game

Toss - Oxford MCCU win the toss and elect to bowl first.

Our first innings was an absolute onslaught. Masood and Reece played beautifully, crafting a 332 run partnership up top to give us a massive platform. It was only a great direct from mid-on which broke the stand. Our middle order played well also, Wallis scoring 72, du Plooy scoring 49 and Guest making a quickfire 33 to propel us to a mammoth 618-7 declared after 155.3 overs.

We had 4 sessions to bowl them out twice, so I knew it wouldn't be easy but we gave it a red hot crack. We bowled them out for 264 the first time round, with only Aitchison not picking up a wicket. After enforcing the follow-on, we had 1hr 26 min of the second session to go before it was the final session, so I knew we needed wickets quickly. Aitchison delivered, clean bowling Granville for 10 from 27. Conners removed the other opener 3 overs later and we had a game on our hands. Aitchison picked up another before Tea, meaning we needed 7 wickets from the final session. Unfortunately we couldn't take 1, but we will be happy with our batting despite not bowling quite as well as we wanted to.

Derbyshire 618-7 dec (Masood 223, Reece 161, Edmonds 2-149)

Oxford MCCU 264-10 (Fielding 80, Henderson 4-83, Reece 3-42)

Oxford MCCU 169-3 (Carrington 78*, Conran 57*, Aitchison 2-26)

Match Drawn

Leave a comment:

• IGetOutToFullTosses
    replied
    Derbyshire Squad for the 2022 season

Batsman

Harry Came
    Leus du Plooy
    Billy Godleman
    Wayne Madsen
    Shan Masood (OS)
    Mitch Wagstaff
    Thomas Wood
    Billy Wallis
    Harry Finch

Keepers

Brooke Guest
    Harry Caton

All-Rounders

Luis Reece
    Hilton Cartwright (20 over only)
    Anuj Dal
    Alex Hughes
    Hayden Kerr (Reserve OS)
    Mattie McKiernan
    Alex Thomson

Bowlers

Ben Aitchison
    Michael Cohen
    Sam Conners
    Suranga Lakmal (OS)
    Dustin Melton (OS)
    Nick Potts
    George Scrimshaw
    Mark Watt
    Alec Henderson

Leave a comment:

• IGetOutToFullTosses
    replied
    Contracts

I start with 29K to work with. We need a few good youth prospects, a middle order batsman and a good keeper. An experienced bowler would also be nice. I sign Billy Wallis, a young middle order bat aged 18, with respectable 2ndXI averages of 45.03, 36.91 and 26.83 on a 3 year deal. After decreasing the physio budget and coaching budget to 10K each in order to have more money to sign players.

I then sign Harry Finch ​to a 1 year deal, in order to prop up our weak middle order. I also sign Alec Henderson to round out our signings, a young offie with decent 2ndXI bowling averages of 27.58, 26.00 and 27.25 to a 2 year deal.

Overall, I am pleased with these 3 signings. Unfortunately there was not a good keeper and I ran out of money for an experienced bowler, but I feel we have a good squad now.

Leave a comment:

• IGetOutToFullTosses
    started a topic Derbyshire - Rising To The Top

Derbyshire - Rising To The Top

Welcome to my new story, this one with Derbyshire! I haven't played CC for a while, as I have changed PC so unfortunately I don't have any previous saves.

But that's not important for the moment, this story is.

Derbyshire had a poor 2021 season, finishing very low in each format. This is due to the lack of good options for the team, especially keeping wise.

I hope to rebuild Derbyshire and rise to the top with them.

I have got a list of goals down below for this save.

Goals
    • Develop good youth talent
    • Bring in a good middle order batter THIS SEASON (options are very little in this department)
    • Lose only 50% or less of our games this season (in the County Championship)
    • Try to be promoted into Div 1 within 1-3 seasons.
    • Make it to the KO stage of 1-2 LO formats Season 1 and continue to consistently qualify for that stage.
    • Not have lots of batting collapses and try not to be smoked for over 500 runs in one innings in FC.
Working...
X