Cricket Captain 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2023

Anything brewing up for the next edition - WPL perhaps? Still targetting June or will they be a delay? Having played over 2000+ online games alongwith almost reaching the 23rd century in terms of offline play - I think I'm ready to move on to the latest version.

I'm really hoping for some great new features for 2024. I feel it's time.

Comment

Would hope for at least a few simple things, I have been a fan long enough to not expect much to change each year

- Updated schedule/tournaments so including UAE T20 league, Abu Dhabi T10 league and all the other new leagues that are now part of the schedule with big players competing. Some of these leagues are now too big or established for the game to keep ignoring them!
      - No Indian players as Overseas players in T20 leagues (game should be realistic)
      - more realistic field settings, especially in limited overs games

Don't have any hope of it happening but I would love to see an auction/draft being added in as the way to build your squad in the T20 franchise leagues where they are used

Comment

We do need the women being brought in

Comment

Dynamic batting positions from ai controlled teams. For eg a batsmen slotted at 6th coming 1 down because of just a few overs left in l/o game. This should have been implemented ages ago I feel. The game feels so rigid without it and always follows a certain pattern that previous versions players must feel so accustomed to. Another thing that makes it feel this way is the lack of a role of an all rounder if the AI does have a 6th 7th bowling option IT SHOULD USE IT MORE! I do feel the game has updated to reflect modern day LO scorings but other than that it just feels like updated data base. These two things could really make the feel game more alive and less patternish/dead after a few seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by saviopaes View Post
            Anything brewing up for the next edition - WPL perhaps? Still targetting June or will they be a delay? Having played over 2000+ online games alongwith almost reaching the 23rd century in terms of offline play - I think I'm ready to move on to the latest version.
            More bowlers used by the AI in limited over games. Too many times I see 5 bowlers bowling 10 overs apiece, some going at over 8 or 9 an over!

Less declarations in FC games where a poor batsman is stranded on 99 not out.

Not coming back from international duty to find half your domestic team are on one millibar of fitness.

Drinks breaks. Possibly more time to take to bowl overs reflecting current trend of struggling to get full allocation of overs in a day.

Lunch/tea/close of play taken if wicket falls before last ball of an over

Use of nightwatchmen from AI.

More save breaks so you can view other games in real time rather than simulating several days or months, especially in the off season.

Comment

Some great suggestions in there but its like peeing in the wind

The only things you will get are

- Something to do with Bazball (Which will just be an aggression setting on Test matches)
              - Updated database
              - Coaching tweaks
              - New Kits

The Graphics will be the same, The playability will be the same, There will be no editor or even DRS or anything like Opposition captains, Nightwatchman or ability to arrange friendlies or tour matches. Some T20s will be missing as well

You won't be able to have a world game where you see everything in the game. Like Cricket Coach did.... nearly 10 years ago

Comment

As much as I love the game and it's the best tactical cricket sim around. It does feel to me like it's being left behind. The game play isn't a million miles away from when I first played it a long, long time ago now and there's so many more tactics in cricket which are just ignored by the game. Slower balls, cutters, slow ball bouncers, batters hitting towards short boundries or one side of the wicket or even something as simple as having your wicket keeper stand up to a bowler.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisUK2020 View Post
                  Some great suggestions in there but its like peeing in the wind

The only things you will get are

- Something to do with Bazball (Which will just be an aggression setting on Test matches)
                  - Updated database
                  - Coaching tweaks
                  - New Kits

The Graphics will be the same, The playability will be the same, There will be no editor or even DRS or anything like Opposition captains, Nightwatchman or ability to arrange friendlies or tour matches. Some T20s will be missing as well

You won't be able to have a world game where you see everything in the game. Like Cricket Coach did.... nearly 10 years ago
                  Well i was RIGHT.... how terrible
                  Last edited by ChrisUK2020; 05-29-2023, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X