Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the strongest teams and players in your career mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the strongest teams and players in your career mode?

Aside from the team you control of course, who are the dominant teams that you've come up against over your career modes? Can be international or domestic.

In my 10-year international only save, South Africa has been unstoppable. They've held on to the number one spots in all three formats for the majority of that period, including a 10-year reign of being the top-ranked T20 team. It was only in the last couple of seasons that I've managed to claw my way past them in tests and it seems they've finally hit a slump in ODIs and have begun to lose against mid-ranked teams. They've also had some of the top batsmen and bowlers of not only the era but of all time. Malan, Stubbs, Mashigo as well as a few early regens have averaged 50+ in Tests and ODIs and have also been fantastic in T20s. Their bowlers have been on a completely different level though, probably forming the greatest fast bowling battery since the Windies' great fast bowlers. Jansen, Ngidi and Rabada have all taken 500+ wickets (and counting) at an average of ~22.

As usual in CC, Bangladesh has punched above its weight. They have been amongst the top four test teams for a couple of years and hover around 3-5 for the shorter formats. It's almost expected that the West Indies perform poorly being outside the top eight in all formats, they are at least finding more success than New Zealand who has only won a handful of their most recent series and has plummeted down the rankings.

Aside from the above-mentioned South Africans, Pakistan has consistently been the third-best team (behind player-controlled Australia), mainly thanks to Shafique and Afridi who have broken their team's all-time runs and wickets records. Without a doubt, the newest greatest bowler of all time would have to be Sri Lanka's Jayawickrama. He's overtaken Murali's record at just 33 years of age and doesn't seem to be slowing down. His success gives me flashbacks to when Kaushal used to dominate every career save and would take 1000+ career test wickets in a previous version of CC. Azam is the world's all-time leading T20 run scorer, the only batsman to surpass 5000 runs and Rashid Khan is the only bowler with 250+ T20 wickets and is likely going to reach 300. ODI records are untouched for the most part since there seem to be fewer ODIs played in CC compared to real life.

Domestically, Queensland has won most Australian domestic comps, with NSW and WA sharing the rest and most runner-ups. In the BBL Adelaide and Hobart have been the top teams. Victoria and Melbourne Renegades, the two teams I support, are consistently bottom of the ladder and will go winless most seasons. Hopefully, I can turn that around once I start an AUS domestic career.

Western Australia are unreal.
    ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

You are asking about teams but I want to show something really unreal. Check this bowler from Eng in m Ind domestic save. Is a regen. Found him at age of 18 and has been playing for my team Tripura since then. Goes to play Internationals each ear and comes back with 80-90 Test wickets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221001133218_1.jpg
Views:	1056
Size:	281.0 KB
ID:	80017

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
        Western Australia are unreal.
        Sounds just like real life at the moment.

Originally posted by Preed View Post
        You are asking about teams but I want to show something really unreal. Check this bowler from Eng in m Ind domestic save. Is a regen. Found him at age of 18 and has been playing for my team Tripura since then. Goes to play Internationals each ear and comes back with 80-90 Test wickets.​
        First time I've ever seen a quick with 1000+ test wickets in CC! Spinners usually dominate in my saves with quicks having shorter careers before being replaced by younger players. What year are you in?​

Comment

I've purely been playing English County Championship for CC22, not enabling white ball control. Here's my data on finishing positions after 10 seasons:

Name:	cc2231.jpg
Views:	965
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	80041

Gloucestershire, Surrey and Glamorgan lead the way in consistency which isn't a surprise as they're all top 5 in terms of base budget ranking. They've each had 1 year where they dropped out of Div 1 but bounced back immediately.

Worcestershire are a shining example at the opposite end; consistently rubbish. Essex are giving them a run for their money at the bottom though - just that first year where they started in Div 1 helping them stay off last place.

Lancashire seem to the overperformers, having the 5th best average rank despite being 17th for base budget. Nottinghamshire seemingly the underperformers, with one of the worst records even though they have the 2nd highest base budget.

I'm playing as Yorkshire and did a big overhaul of my squad in the first couple of seasons. I terminated a lot of contracts so had limited budget at the start but it gave me the space to bring a load of young players in. That's my focus, replacing older players with youths each year. Would be nice to get a couple more Championship wins now though

Comment

I made Cam Green an opening bat in all formats and he is a freak!!! Superstar!!!
            ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_ View Post
              I've purely been playing English County Championship for CC22, not enabling white ball control. Here's my data on finishing positions after 10 seasons:

Name:	cc2231.jpg
Views:	965
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	80041

Gloucestershire, Surrey and Glamorgan lead the way in consistency which isn't a surprise as they're all top 5 in terms of base budget ranking. They've each had 1 year where they dropped out of Div 1 but bounced back immediately.

Worcestershire are a shining example at the opposite end; consistently rubbish. Essex are giving them a run for their money at the bottom though - just that first year where they started in Div 1 helping them stay off last place.

Lancashire seem to the overperformers, having the 5th best average rank despite being 17th for base budget. Nottinghamshire seemingly the underperformers, with one of the worst records even though they have the 2nd highest base budget.

I'm playing as Yorkshire and did a big overhaul of my squad in the first couple of seasons. I terminated a lot of contracts so had limited budget at the start but it gave me the space to bring a load of young players in. That's my focus, replacing older players with youths each year. Would be nice to get a couple more Championship wins now though
              Starting budgets are a mess.

Comment

The forum is a bit quiet but I thought I'd post an update to this after another 10 years; now 20 years in my County Championship save.

Click image for larger version  Name:	cc2241.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.1 KB ID:	80107

There have been a few changes over the 10 seasons since my previous post. The top 10 now almost entirely consists of the teams with top 10 budgets, the exceptions being Northamptonshire at 9th with the 12th highest base budget and me at Home playing as Yorkshire with one of the lowest.

Nottinghamshire are the clearest underperformers, dropping even further down to 17th despite having the 2nd highest base budget.

Gloucestershire have been up and down. They were in the Home spot overall in my 10 year update, then got relegated and spent 6 years in Division 2. They seem to have recaptured their early form after winning Div 2 and Div 1 in back to back years.

Comment

Working...
                X