Aggressive Declarations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggressive Declarations

See attached, I knew that we didnt have much hope in getting a result due to the standard English weather, I was prepared to lose if it ment we were to win the game.
    Against last seasons Champions and in my 2nd game up in Div 1. Massive Result - If it was real life I would assume the boys would be on a 3 day bender after this win!!!

MASSIVE!!!!!
    Attached Files
    ===========

~I Love Lamp~

I would never have the guts to declare at those scores!

Comment

I knew I would have the draw up my sleeve based on what the weather was doing.... big call and stocked it paid off
      ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

I did something similar the other day albeit not as ballsy as declaring in a D1 game when your season is still up for grabs. Bowling Bangladesh out as Australia in two sessions when the target is 200 in a dead rubber after you've already qualified for WTC just isn't as noteworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilted View Post
          I did something similar the other day albeit not as ballsy as declaring in a D1 game when your season is still up for grabs. Bowling Bangladesh out as Australia in two sessions when the target is 200 in a dead rubber after you've already qualified for WTC just isn't as noteworthy.
          Was only round 2... I thought I'd be able to claw back from a loss... but being my 1st season up in Div 1... it was a big call and only just paid off
          ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

RSA did the complete opposite of an aggressive declaration against me, setting almost 300 runs to chase in a little over a session remaining. They would've been a good chance of winning the series had they declared much earlier given my poor second innings form and South Africa has arguably the best bowling attack of all time.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-19 205857.png
Views:	222
Size:	361.3 KB
ID:	79961

Comment

Working...
            X