What do you all do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you all do?

Just curious what others do, so for example my 2 openers for england have been amazing all season scoring bucketload of runs, the start of new calendar they're both so out of form and cant score a run for there counties, do you still pick them out of loyalty like its real life or not lol

NO.
    Plenty of Openers for England, select 2 more in form!
    Form is paramount in the game.

Comment

Completely agree.

Drop them.

Bringing in a worse player in good form will almost always work out in the short term. They might only give you no more than couple of decent matches but that's fine, soon enough your top players will get back into form anyway.

How do other people turn around a batsman's form? Or attempt to at least?

Personally if their form is under 40% I won't push a batsman over 2 bars aggression until they reach 50 in a FC game. Once they do that their form tends to make it's way up. If that doesn't work I turn to another player.

Comment

An old cliché in cricket is "form is temporary, class is permanent". This has always been true in the (International) Cricket Captain series of games. I'm not sure if user manuals are still released, but you can find this tip in all of the old manuals.

Don’t drop your best players just because they’ve had a couple of bad scores - an excellent player out of form is better than a poor player in form.
        For example, you can find it on p. 19 of the CC 2013 User Manual.

Comment

Originally posted by cde View Post
          How do other people turn around a batsman's form? Or attempt to at least?
          The old user manuals always suggested 2 things:

A good way to increase a player’s form is to give him some net practice, or even a run in the 2nd XI.

Comment

Originally posted by weetabixharry View Post
            An old cliché in cricket is "form is temporary, class is permanent". This has always been true in the (International) Cricket Captain series of games. I'm not sure if user manuals are still released, but you can find this tip in all of the old manuals.

For example, you can find it on p. 19 of the CC 2013 User Manual.
            Your better players will always be...better and they will always come into form so don't ditch them altogether however I would maintain that playing a weaker batsman in good form is good short-term solution. They will usually come in, have a great first match then steadily get worse thereafter, by which time your best will hopefully be getting back into some form.

Joe Root scoring 20s but capable of averaging 50 over the entire season is an objectively better player over the season than than Billy Root scoring 40s but capable of only averaging 30 over the season but your immediate need is for a player scoring 40, not 20. Use that player but be ruthless, as soon as he posts two scores at his career average, drop him.

Comment

Originally posted by weetabixharry View Post

The old user manuals always suggested 2 things:
              I would always use both!

Comment

The user manual is in the game by the way, press F1 (Windows), Fn+F1 (Mac) or a three finger press (mobile) to bring this screen up.

Comment

Working...
                X