How do central contracts work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do central contracts work?

Why is a player who hasn't been picked for England for 2 years getting a central contract? But players who play almost every game in all formats not given contracts?

We should be able to select ourselves.

They seem based on what the AI thinks is the best squad. Similar to the default team selection before the update where squads rolled over into the new season maybe?
    Sargey, Captain of the Omnipresent Council, Commander of the Omniscient, and Grand Lord of Overbearing Titles.

Comment

I've always assumed that the AI chooses the squad to avoid the possibility of someone giving all the central contracts to their domestic team.

I would like it to be based on the number of call-ups. You could recieve a payment for every time a player is called up, paid out the next season, so you get some recompence for those players who keep getting called up without playing or getting a central contract

Comment

Another mad thing with contracts is that an England player will go to the IPL. Come back for the first international game but inbetween international games has flown back to India each weekend to play there.

Why does this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
          Another mad thing with contracts is that an England player will go to the IPL. Come back for the first international game but inbetween international games has flown back to India each weekend to play there.

Why does this happen?
          Because planes and travel time don't exist in Cricket Captain.

Have you got a save with the player who hasn't played for England in 2 years who still has a central contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Because planes and travel time don't exist in Cricket Captain.

Have you got a save with the player who hasn't played for England in 2 years who still has a central contract?
            It's now about five years since he played for England... but I've picked him in the squad again recently... He had a contract for the whole time.

I'm now in 2032. He hasn't played for England since 2027 but still has a central contract...
            Last edited by galvatron; 07-25-2022, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post

It's now about five years since he played for England... but I've picked him in the squad again recently... He had a contract for the whole time.

I'm now in 2032. He hasn't played for England since 2027 but still has a central contract...
              Can you send the save to me in a PM and let me know the player name?

Comment

Working...
              X