T20 cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T20 cricket

Is anyone else finding T20 cricket impossible this year? I’m yet to win with England so far (on easy) and had similar problems with Yorkshire in two seasons. Even when I lower the attackingness with the openers I still seem to lose clatters of wickets at the start. If it’s just me, has anyone got any improvement suggestions? I’ve attached a screenshot to show how badly it’s going.
    Attached Files

What are your result scorelines?

Comment

Hi so far I've had:

India 169-8 v England 167-6
      India 154 all out v England 149 all out
      England 161-9 v India 165-7 (18.3 overs)

England 137-7 v South Africa 140-3 (16.2)
      South Africa 201-4 v England 182-9
      England 178-6 v South Africa 179-6 (17.2)

Comment

Some tight games in there. In general I think you're posting good scores. Bairstow being out of form isn't good. What order do you generally bat them in?

Buttler's SR seems low.

Comment

Normally I have Bairstow and Buttler opening which is the problem as they either seem to get out quickly or score really slowly. Then Root 3, Stokes 4, Roy 5, Moeen 6, Livingstone 7, Sam Curran 8. Bairstow has scored a fair few runs in 50 overs but hasn't done it in the t20s.

Comment

Maybe you need to be a bit more defensive with your bowling as your economy rates seem to be quite high

Comment

Wow yeah,
              these need to be well under 8.0. Rashid at least hovers around 7.6ish.
              Plus they’re all out of form

Comment

Originally posted by Cricketfan66 View Post
                Maybe you need to be a bit more defensive with your bowling as your economy rates seem to be quite high
                This is a good point. What bowling tactics do you normally use? bastie

Comment

Originally posted by Cricketfan66 View Post
                  They are close matches so your batting can't be that far off par for the pitch. I would look to the bowling to keep it down as much as I would look at why the openers starts slowly or get out.

I find that very aggressive openers are generally all or nothing.

Comment

Thanks everyone, on bowling tactics I normally start with 1 bar aggression then go down to 0 against a batter who’s hit a couple of boundaries or after 10 overs against anyone unless I’m in a particularly good position.

Comment

Working...
                    X