Money Conversions.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Conversions.....

In New Zealand the game is $36.99 but in Australia it is $42.95. However the conversion rate means that the game in either Australia or New Zealand is wrongly priced as the conversion rate should mean the Australian version is $33.88.

Is there a bug here or is this done on purpose?

I thinks it’s down the how the company convert the price as they only set in GBP I believe

Comment

The pricing variation between Aus and NZ dollars is similar to Cricket Captain 2021. Steam sets regional pricing for us, we tend to leave it as is.

We believe Steam regional pricing takes in to account wage differences, etc. This article may interest you:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...alands-economy

Comment

Originally posted by IGetOutToFullTosses View Post
        In New Zealand the game is $36.99 but in Australia it is $42.95. However the conversion rate means that the game in either Australia or New Zealand is wrongly priced as the conversion rate should mean the Australian version is $33.88.

Is there a bug here or is this done on purpose?
        All games on Steam are priced differently in different countries. If you happen to have a Turkish or Argentinian bank account, then you'll get very good prices on a lot of games. You can see the different prices on steamdb. For example:

I've been living in Switzerland for years (and Sweden before that), but I still buy all my games in British pounds because the rates tend to be slightly better. And my wife doesn't notice me wasting money on computer games if I use my old English bank account

Comment

Working...
        X