Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sureshot would there be a way to add the Irish domestic set-up. It's become fairly simple and all you'd need to do is come up with an FC competition. There's a lot of information available about the Irish domestics to the public, and I'd love to help out if need be.

I do look forward to the rest of the game, hoping Glamorgan are now a team to be reckoned with as we've recruited Northeast and Harris.

Comment

One area of the game I hope is improved is in FC/Test winning the toss is way too important to deciding the match because of how the pitch condition works. In real life, the pitch can flatten out and become easier to bat on (e.g. England NZ test happening right now) but on Cricket Captain the pitch always gets worse and worse meaning that winning the toss and bowling first is never the right option, and the team batting first has a huge advantage. In most cases the pitch does get worse as the game goes on, but I would like to see in some cases it holds it’s rating or even improves slightly (maybe if it’s full sun weather). Game is slightly ruined for me in the longer format as I feel the 50/50 of the toss is more influential than anything I do in winning/losing games

Comment

I hope theres more depth on the player database where you can see player profile pages with their stats, info, individual rating out of 5 star, playing style traits i.e. "360 player". Also option for modding player faces would be a nice touch.

Comment

Sureshot

UAE T20 League 2022 is creating a lots of buzz because 3 IPL team are buying the team in this league? Will you be able to include this and release this as a patch once you will get a team information?

Comment

Does anyone else want to see a separate version for Historical Series? I've posted enough ideas over the years for some developer to run with. The ATG database of all Test & One Day International plus "Rebel" SA tours could perhaps get a few additions.

Comment

Originally posted by adnanm28 View Post
              Sureshot would there be a way to add the Irish domestic set-up. It's become fairly simple and all you'd need to do is come up with an FC competition. There's a lot of information available about the Irish domestics to the public, and I'd love to help out if need be.

I do look forward to the rest of the game, hoping Glamorgan are now a team to be reckoned with as we've recruited Northeast and Harris.
              How about a four team - Leinster, Connaught, Munster, Ulster - Irish option?

Comment

Being a follower as well as user since 2014 versions, following are the points I would like consideration on;

Batsman batting position
                In all versions so far, if a batsman is regarded as opener and his skill level is waning in the game, the AI automatically slots after 6 or sometimes even 8 in the batting order. As an example, I had Brandon King slotted at 8 in an ODI game after Russell. I think if the batsman is regarded as Top Order (opener), the AI should necessarily play him within the Top 4 irrespective of skill. Experience should count more than skill in such cases.

Bowler bowing position
                In almost all cases, the skill of fast/medium bowler determines their bowling position. In many games against Australia, New Zealand & West Indies for example, Starc is bowling first or second change in Test matches, Cottrell and Roach are bowling second change in limited over matches and Southee & Boult are bowling fist and second change after Jameison & Wagner. Again, there should be some manner in which the AI can determine which bowlers are suited only to open irrespective of their skill.

Test Match Run Rate - Day 3 & 4
                While over the years, we have seen quite often that pitches even out on 3rd and 4th days of a Test Match, the run rates during these days are over 4.5 in most cases. Also, in sub-continent wickets, you will see a complete reversal of the trend. I know its difficult, but honestly it doesn't affect the game play that much unless there's a 4th innings chase of 175-250 runs. The team batting last almost always makes it within 40-50 overs on the 5th day (or) crumbles to 100 odd in the same number of overs.

LO / T20 Death bowling
                I have noticed this across all versions. One of the opening bowlers in all instances, seem to bowl out before the 40th over, and usually one spinner and one opening bowler bowl at the death. I think, spinners after 45th over in LO and after 18th over in T20's seem quite unrealistic and rare. Maybe this could be tweaked if it does not involve huge coding work.

As far as other aspects such as Tournaments, Fixtures, font kerning issues, etc. I know it must be almost impossible to change without much coding, and so it would be unfair to ask such requests.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilal8844554499 View Post
                  IS IT TIME TO REMOVE NEW RULES FROM BBL IN GAME?
                  Dobson says all three rules will be assessed in the off-season and conceded the Bash Boost and -Factor have not had the desired impact.
                  Until there's confirmation of a rule change, we won't make the change.

Comment

I`ve got to agree with Trevfromsussex&Oz, I too would like to see a Historical version, or an expanded list of ATG`s. I have in the past posted a number of players who were selected for tours, but never played in a Test match. Including some of these, possibly from the 1950`s onwards, would I believe, greatly improve the game for people who prefer historical or fantasy series. I note that you say the player database is over 7,000 players, I don`t think a few more ATG`s would make much difference.

Comment

Will the tour matches of the Sri Lankan Development Side be included?

Also would it be possible for the players who played at the U19 World Cup to be added to the database? Whether as free agents or in the squads of their teams (maybe as free agents which could be feasible in New Zealand and possibly Australia, and in their respective teams in England?). Would come in handy for teams like Ireland where they don't have many players currently in-game and where many of these players are on the fringes, having played the emerging interpros or even been called up to the first team on a couple of occasions without making their debut. And for most players in pretty much all the countries participating, it's only a short matter of time before they play domestic cricket anyway.

Would love to be able to play the Irish domestic as well. Been hoping to do so ever since Ireland got test status. Also Zimbabwe seems to have found a solidified groove with their domestic system so hopefully that could be added in the near future? I love how they're overseas players aren't usually big name ones and are usually domestic players like Ben Compton, Nick Gubbins etc.

Comment

Do we have a DATE of release? We're already in June. How much longer?

Comment

keen as lads keep up the good work

Comment

Will the Abu Dhabi T10 league be included this year? Doesn’t really make sense for it to not be there when it has a higher standard of players than a lot of leagues that are in the game

Comment

Originally posted by Trevfromsussex&Oz View Post

How about a four team - Leinster, Connaught, Munster, Ulster - Irish option?
                              That would be fun, I hope they can implement it in a later patch, if not now.

Comment

Hi all, I was looking at Trevfromsussex&Oz`s post, regarding more ATG`s, and decided to put forward a few names for consideration. In his post, he mentioned having more South African players from the banned apartheid era, in my opinion, the game probably has already got the best of those players, but perhaps, T.N. Lazard &
                                P.G. Amm, who were selected for the S.A. Invitation XI, and N.T. Day, twice S.A. cricketer of the year 1981 & 1985, would be useful additions.
                                I then looked at S.A. cricketers who were selected for tours, been named as a S.A. cricketer of the year, and those selected for a S.A XI. In this group I found 8 worthy of consideration. 1) E.B. Norton. 2) G.A.S. Innes. 3) J.H. Ferrandi. 4) P.M. Dodds. 5) B.J. Versfeld. 6) K.L. Gibbs. 7) G.F, Dakin. 8) A.R. Hector.
                                My next thought was players from Australia, England, India & the West Indies, and all the players I`ve chosen were selected for tours, but never played a Test match.
                                In this group there are 14, from Australia 1) J. Drennan. 2) I.W. Quick. 3) S.C. Trimble. England 1) K.G.Suttle. 2) J.V. Wilson. 3) P.J. Sainsbury. 4) H.W. Stephenson.
                                5) B. Taylor. India 1) S.N. Mohol. 2) D.D. Govindraj. West Indies 1) R.C. Brancker. 2) R.A. Cohen. 3) P.D. Blair. 4) P.R. Roberts.
                                That my friends is a total of 25 ATG`s for you all to look at and consider. I for one believe that more ATG`s enhances the game for those who enjoy playing Historic / Fantasy series.

Comment

Working...
                                X