Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springbok your right, just as I posted its the SABOC or if you like the best Non-White SA players I'd like to see. B Versfield from memory was Barry Richards (best batsman I've seen) opening partner. Drennan & Quick had short careers while Trimble snr was a one-time Shield batting aggregate record holder and Captained Australia B in NZ 1969-70, his son also was a near-miss. Suttle played over 400 games in succession for Sussex, B Taylor if you mean the Essex one was a long-time captain. Govindraj was unlucky in that his career coincided with that of the Great Indian spin attack.

Comment

Looking forward to the release again, been a regular since the days it was released on CDROM.

Comment

Has the ridiculous number of retired hurts been addressed in this version? If it can't be reduced to a more realistic level then it should just be removed or at least being able to select a concussion replacement like real life. Nothing more frustrating than one of your bowlers retiring hurt on Day 1 and then you are a bowler down

Comment

Thank-you Trevfromsusses&Oz, it`s nice to receive some notice, when you post some suggestions. Your comments are much appreciated, and I would just like to give my reasons for some of the players I`ve mentioned. India, as you stated, had plenty of spinners, so Govindraj & Mohol are just giving a bigger pace option.
          The 4 West Indians are all bowlers. These played when the W.I. bowling attack was dominated by Hall, Griffith, Sobers, Gibbs & Holford, once again, just giving a bigger bowling option. The 8 South Africans are basically to make up for S.A. lack of international cricket , pre apartheid ban when only played Australia, England & New Zealand. Finally the 5 English players, H.W. Stephenson & B. Taylor were wicket keepers in an era dominated by either Godfrey Evans or Jim Parks, I just like having more players to select from, this applies to the other 3, 2 batsman, 1 allrounder, again in an era dominated by May, Graveney, Bailey, Cowdrey, Barrington, Dexter & MJK Smith.
          I have tried to contact you before, as I have a South African Cricket Almanack, an Official publication of S.A.C.B.O.C. 1969 First Edition, and it`s yours if you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by danJ View Post
            Has the ridiculous number of retired hurts been addressed in this version? If it can't be reduced to a more realistic level then it should just be removed or at least being able to select a concussion replacement like real life. Nothing more frustrating than one of your bowlers retiring hurt on Day 1 and then you are a bowler down
            Like Josh Davey today for Somerset? Maybe not that ridiculous then.

Comment

where's DRS you promised us long back ????

Comment

Can you explain regen players rebalance feature? DO they develop at different rates and stays on peak differently ?

Comment

Originally posted by Saadbukhari87 View Post
                  Can you explain regen players rebalance feature? DO they develop at different rates and stays on peak differently ?
                  Hi,

I've created this thread:

How do real regen players now work? We now treat real and generated youth players (players without enough data to estimate their ability) the same with regards to ability generation. This means they will have different abilities from one save to the next. Some saves they might be good/very good, others they might be bad/very

Comment

Originally posted by Springbok 1970 View Post
                    Thank-you Trevfromsusses&Oz, it`s nice to receive some notice, when you post some suggestions. Your comments are much appreciated, and I would just like to give my reasons for some of the players I`ve mentioned. India, as you stated, had plenty of spinners, so Govindraj & Mohol are just giving a bigger pace option.
                    The 4 West Indians are all bowlers. These played when the W.I. bowling attack was dominated by Hall, Griffith, Sobers, Gibbs & Holford, once again, just giving a bigger bowling option. The 8 South Africans are basically to make up for S.A. lack of international cricket , pre apartheid ban when only played Australia, England & New Zealand. Finally the 5 English players, H.W. Stephenson & B. Taylor were wicket keepers in an era dominated by either Godfrey Evans or Jim Parks, I just like having more players to select from, this applies to the other 3, 2 batsman, 1 allrounder, again in an era dominated by May, Graveney, Bailey, Cowdrey, Barrington, Dexter & MJK Smith.
                    I have tried to contact you before, as I have a South African Cricket Almanack, an Official publication of S.A.C.B.O.C. 1969 First Edition, and it`s yours if you want it.
                    Hi Springbok and apologies to you and Hallmitchell. I was in indirect contact with Kris Reddy who is the "go to" man for the SABOC era just before Christmas when I got banned by Facebook. Kris is not on the Internet and I don't have a local Afrikaans translator, with my contact we were hoping to get the full scores published. It might be possible for Andrew Samson from SA Cricket if you can contact him to restart the process. As I said I ran into a communication problem. Hang onto the Almanack its part of SA history there were later ones published until around 1990. I had one from about 1975 or a bit later.
                    My email is - T1954Walder @ Yahoo.com.Au.

Comment

Is there any plan to ever include something like a Statsguru-type filter/way of looking through previous seasons' database? It... doesn't seem like something that should be a big ask.

Also, Football manager has individual stats indicators for players (Strength, Agility, Movement, Positioning etc). Is there a reason why this isn't done for CC? It feels like this game has been kindof inert in terms of the amount of change between 2012 (first game I bought) and 2020 (most recent one), and it's just another cause of frustration for me within the game.

For one thing, it just means picking players based on their first-class averages and pretty much nothing else, and that's just fairly unsatisfactory/unsatisfying.

Comment

Working...
                      X