Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube Cricket Captain Series - English Domestic

Hi all,

I'm planning to run a YouTube save alongside my current Hampshire save for the time being but I currently have no preference as to which team I manage.
    Obviously I would like a challenge, whether it be starting in Div 2 or as one of the weaker sides in Div 1.
    Please leave any team suggestions below and I'll try to take them into consideration. A poll will be released on Saturday to decide the winner.

Thank you

If you want the biggest challenge of them all then definitely Glamorgan..

Sussex are quite a fun save, as they are one of the stronger D2 sides, and one of the best T20 sides.

Comment

I ended up going with a poll between the four teams I personally consider to be the weakest of the eighteen counties:

1) Leicestershire
      Finished bottom of Div 2 last year and have struggled for quite a while now. Majority of the squad probably needs overhauling but they have some decent young talents

2) Glamorgan
      Unlucky to miss out on promotion last year but have a weak squad and many expect them to struggle. Could be a fun project trying to develop Welsh youth and using home-grown players as much as possible

3) Derbyshire
      Managed them on CC19 with little early success but managed to achieve better results throughout the save. Could almost be a continuation from last year's save

4) Northamptonshire
      Probably the weakest team in Div 1 this year, and even staying up in the first year would be a challenge. Decent limited overs side though.

Poll here: https://strawpoll.com/uz2bacq8x (ends Saturday 04/07 16:00 BST)
      Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3t...iKjsw0VTpe9RzQ

Expect the first episode either Saturday evening or on Sunday - will post on here when I upload as well.

Look forward to seeing your votes

Comment

Episode 1 out now!

Enjoy

Comment

Episode 2 went public this morning:

Comment

Great series so far!

Sad to see my local team Notts on two losses out if two! Hameed at six?

Comment

Originally posted by PhaetonUltra View Post
              Great series so far!

Sad to see my local team Notts on two losses out if two! Hameed at six?
              Thank you, glad you're enjoying it. Unfortunately it doesn't get much better for Notts so far :/

Comment

Episode 3 went live this morning:

Comment

Part 4 out now:

Comment

Good stuff so far! Agree with your complaints about T20 and the realism. Perhaps you could tinker with the batsmen's aggression a bit more? In the Lancs game for example you maybe should have played ball by ball for the final two overs and upped the aggression if no boundary from the first couple of balls. especially for Hill who was quite settled?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfizzle0 View Post
                      Good stuff so far! Agree with your complaints about T20 and the realism. Perhaps you could tinker with the batsmen's aggression a bit more? In the Lancs game for example you maybe should have played ball by ball for the final two overs and upped the aggression if no boundary from the first couple of balls. especially for Hill who was quite settled?
                      Yes in hindsight this would have been smarter. Hoping to improve in all formats for season two.

Comment

Part 5 released this morning:

Comment

Episode 6 out now:

Comment

Part 7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_dUA3Hlse4

Comment

Part 8

Comment

Working...
                              X