Regens and existing youth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regens and existing youth

There is always a lot of discussion about how there are too many high quality regens coming through and squeezing out real life players, making the test team after 3 matches, etc.

I have a few questions and suggestions

How many youth players does the average county have and how many make their way into the wider squad on an annual basis?

I know some counties have far better systems than others and it is hard for a player so force their way into the 1st XI but there are always youngsters coming out of academies and feeder teams.

Whatever that average, it should be the average number of regens we get, equally the regens should have similar averages to real life counterparts.

There should be players who come out of the academy system and smash it from the start but they should be much fewer and further between.

Comment

There should be a minimum number of matches and a minimum form level a regen has to play before the AI calls them up for international duty.

Too many get called up to play in the Ashes after four FC matches and their form on 13%. They would never get called up in real life and they shouldn't in game.

More often than not a regen can get called up too early and in poor form and then never reach their potential.

A player should have a minimum of say 20 FC matches and their form be above 50% for them to get pulled up for any iinternational squad.

Comment

Each teams gets one or two regens a season unless more players retire from them the previous season, then instead they get that amount. I sometimes buy a load of 35+ year olds just to get more

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post
          Each teams gets one or two regens a season unless more players retire from them the previous season, then instead they get that amount. I sometimes buy a load of 35+ year olds just to get more
          Having a heads-up at the start of a season when a player is about to retire would be an improvement. You then have an extra regen as a direct replacement. I don't mean a like-for-like quality wise but your best youth spinner replaces a retiring spinner for example.

Comment

How do people think the extra funding should affect the youth players you get through?

At the moment it doesn't seem to change the number of youth players you get and there have been years when on 10,000 a year I get two red hot players and on 50,000 one batsman who averages 34 in FC and 18 in LO matches. I often get decent regen s in the first year but I have assumed this is to encourage people to continue playing the game - your team may be pants now but look at the great players you can get.

Personally I would like to see funding changes have a more realistic and longer term effect. Raising the total would give you better players in two or three years, mimicking the time lag in real life since it takes time to build the infrastructure to produce better players. Your ongoing success should also improve your youth players over time.

There should always be a strong element of chance despite the funding levels but if you are paying out just 10,000 the chances of a getting a anything other than a second choice player should be about 10% and a world class player less than 1%. The greater the investment the more those percentages shift in your favour.

Comment

I'd prefer it if the funding gave you additional technique coaching slots specific to under 21 players. Said coaching slots would massively accelerate development of the players towards their potential.

You could then have regens spawn with lower ability, in a similar range to real youth players but investing in youth coaching would let you develop either set of players much faster.

These days in real life young players break into teams very young and this would facilitate this in game without the regens getting the big head start they currently get on real youth players. It would also challenge the player to invest in young players rather than just hoover the ready made ones up at contract time.

Comment

Working...
              X