Big thanks Childish Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big thanks Childish Things

So we’ve finally got a roadmap out of this Pandemic, a lifeline away from all the chaos and upheaval of the last year.
    Xmas cancelled, my Birthday gone by without noticing, and my son safely recovering from Covid.

Out of all the darkness I need to say a big thanks to the devs and the creation of this beautiful game. It’s kept me going through the dark days, an extra long furlough (hospitality) and all the anxiety and uncertainty.

It’s given me something to look forward to in a morning and made me feel comfortable at night dreaming of tactics, players and statistics. Yes I’ve played too much, but whilst I’ve played my mind has been in a delightful place...
    Its kept me sane and it’s kept me going.

So BIG BIG thanks guys, much appreciated

A very thankful

Yorkie..

Those are some incredibly kind words, Yorkie

First and foremost, I'm glad your son has safely recovered from Covid.

It's been such a tough time for the whole planet, this has been a particularly challenging winter in the UK. I'm glad you've been able to find solace in Cricket Captain, I'm really looking forward to seeing what we do with the 2021 version.

Nigel

Comment

You’re welcome mate,
      it was time for some praise.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
        Those are some incredibly kind words, Yorkie

First and foremost, I'm glad your son has safely recovered from Covid.

It's been such a tough time for the whole planet, this has been a particularly challenging winter in the UK. I'm glad you've been able to find solace in Cricket Captain, I'm really looking forward to seeing what we do with the 2021 version.

Nigel
        Would echo kind words to you developer guys...yes some things would improve the game but appreciate the work you guys do with this game good effort

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie View Post
          So we’ve finally got a roadmap out of this Pandemic, a lifeline away from all the chaos and upheaval of the last year.
          Xmas cancelled, my Birthday gone by without noticing, and my son safely recovering from Covid.

Out of all the darkness I need to say a big thanks to the devs and the creation of this beautiful game. It’s kept me going through the dark days, an extra long furlough (hospitality) and all the anxiety and uncertainty.

It’s given me something to look forward to in a morning and made me feel comfortable at night dreaming of tactics, players and statistics. Yes I’ve played too much, but whilst I’ve played my mind has been in a delightful place...
          Its kept me sane and it’s kept me going.

So BIG BIG thanks guys, much appreciated

A very thankful

Yorkie..
          Completely agree Yorkie, it has kept me sane also and has given me a extra dimension on what to care and worry about - my Durham team are doing well but I'm concerned for the pipeline of English players!

Your post brought a small tear to my eye as you summed up my feeling for the game and gratitude I have for all those involved in getting this game out and maintained.

I am particularly thankful that the game has followed a normal fixture schedule. I played a test match with no crowd once and it was awful, even slightly sinister and scary - God know how the real players have felt. I am so glad we can play reality even if the real world can't!

Comment

Thanks TJHC for the kind comment,

Let’s all rejoice, these guys ain’t Sega or EA Sports. Ok T20 batting is awkward and they know it. They’ll get it sorted...fine balance needing a tweak.

Our Chris “Silver Spoon“ Silverwood chose the wrong side last test! Not got off to the best start today either. Things will come good.
            Let all of us choose the next squad, which we can due to this wonderful game!

We all love the challenge so let’s enjoy.
            Life could be worse...

Comment

I have to say that I experienced the same sentiments as Yorkie during the dark days of this pandemic. Kudos to the Developers for releasing the game in spite of the immense difficulties faced with the lockdowns, et al. While the fact is that most of the players were critical of various issues (simply because they were playing more), I cannot think of a single game which matches with Cricket Captain in terms of depth, statistical accuracy and gameplay. Well done guys and many thanks...

Comment

This is a lovely post. I have to echo the sentiment, these months in lockdown have been long and boring and CC has filled many of my afternoons or lunch hours during work from home where there is nothing else to do etc.

Especially important after a cut down 2020 cricket season which was gratefully relieved but just wasn't as satisfying as normal.

Comment

I'd like to echo all these posts too (and feel slightly guilty about griping about T20 batting now!). I guess it's understandable that we come on here to flag the little things that we'd like to see improved, but we probably don't take enough time to note what we love about the game. For me, it has the perfect level of engagement – as I think someone else posted on another thread recently, you really wouldn't want it to go as crazy deep into non-matchday things as for example Football Manager does. Most of the game feels pretty realistic to me and it's an absolute pleasure to while away an hour or two trying to come up with innovative field settings or trying to decide just how much you're willing to pay Gary Ballance to do just one more season...!

So glad I rediscovered the game with CC18 after quite a long period of not playing, and am now getting really into CC20. Can't wait to see what further improvements are made over the next editions!

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1K View Post
                    I'd like to echo all these posts too (and feel slightly guilty about griping about T20 batting now!).
                    Don't feel guilty for that. It's good when yourself and others are constructive and detailed, as it gives us ideas on solutions to problems. I've got some ideas for the shorter formats for CC2021 that I'll be talking with Chris on. I think in general 20 over is harder to control compared to FC given just how fewer events in match there are compared to a long FC/Test match.

It's short/ranty posts/feedback/reviews that get frustrating for us, because it's significantly harder to provide solutions to problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X