Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobi1K
    replied
    Just had a belting County Championship match, Yorkshire (my team) v. Hampshire, that I would have loved to watch IRL. I batted first, and after losing both openers very cheaply I recovered with a couple of middle-order centuries, but I was struggling to score quickly so I declared on 366/7 at lunch on Day 2 just to try to get the game moving. I bowled Hampshire out for 280, but then in my second innings again really struggled with scoring rate (found Kyle Abbott and Nathon Lyon very difficult to get away!) and eventually declared during the first session of the final day on 218/5, i.e. when my lead had just tipped over 300. To my shock, Hampshire actually went for it and chased the target I'd set of 305 in under 2.5 sessions! I really struggled to tie them down (particularly Sam Northeast who smashed 122 off 149), but I did manage to take fairly regular wickets. Eventually, it came down to the very last over of the match, with all results still possible – Hampshire were 9 wickets down but only 13 runs behind. I entrusted that final over to my star spinner Keshav Maharaj, and thankfully he delivered the winning wicket with the second ball of that over. I genuinely punched the air when the stumps went down!

That final day would have been absolutely incredible to watch for real. It's the enduring appeal of red-ball cricket that a game that lasts for 4 days can go right down to the last few minutes!

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    started a topic Matches you wish you’d seen live

Matches you wish you’d seen live

Hi guys, I just played an absolute cracker of an ODI against Pakistan, came down to the last over with 10 needed from it. To celebrate probably the most exhilarating game I’ve played yet, I’d love to see any great games you guys have had recently, thecloser the better!

Click image for larger version

Name:	348D9873-C3A3-420B-83B9-287E49B13CD4.png
Views:	130
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	74615
    Attached Files
Working...
X