Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Fixture List

Hi all,

Is there a way to see the whole Test Championship fixture list or best still, the international fixtures of your country over the next couple of years?

I've recently taken on England captaincy in a serious way, identfying current and future talent and I would like to plot their courses with a bit of squad rotation based on the series. For example, I play Zimbabwe away for 2 test series which is not part of the Test Championship and so I plan to use a few youngsters.

However last winter, I played the West Indies with a full strength squad and won easily. This was before I knew I was playing the Ashes at home in the following summer. Had I known this I would have used a few 2nd choice players to increase their Test match experience.

On top of this, there is a World Cup this Autumn which I only knew about in the Spring. It would be very useful if we had a mutli-year international calendars so player management can take place on a basic level.

Hi,

The easiest way to do this in-game would be to use another save, probably in a 20 Over league, and just skip matches, then for the next season go to Internationals and check out the fixtures for your national team.

We follow the FTP where possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
      Hi,

The easiest way to do this in-game would be to use another save, probably in a 20 Over league, and just skip matches, then for the next season go to Internationals and check out the fixtures for your national team.

We follow the FTP where possible.
      So is that confirmation that the international schedules in the game are fixed well into the future, i.e. it'll always be the same no matter how many new saves you start? I was hoping to get an offer to captain a Big Bash franchise in the English winter in my English domestic save (as I've heard that's now a feature – haven't reached the end of my first season yet so not sure how that works!), but I might in that case just do a separate save to play the Big Bash (or IPL) so I can use it to see what the following year's international schedules are.

More than thinking about developing an international team, it would be really helpful to know who's doing what over the English summer before doing contracts for the following season. Found it quite frustrating trying to make an educated guess regarding player availability in previous editions. Several times in CC18 I went all out to sign a top overseas player from whichever country had just toured England in the summer season just ended, only to find their country touring Ireland for a few weeks the following season, or I made a marquee T20-only signing who then ends up being on a tour of the West Indies or Afghanistan for most of July and therefore missing all but a couple of the T20 games I've exclusively signed them for!

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1K View Post

So is that confirmation that the international schedules in the game are fixed well into the future, i.e. it'll always be the same no matter how many new saves you start? I was hoping to get an offer to captain a Big Bash franchise in the English winter in my English domestic save (as I've heard that's now a feature – haven't reached the end of my first season yet so not sure how that works!), but I might in that case just do a separate save to play the Big Bash (or IPL) so I can use it to see what the following year's international schedules are.

More than thinking about developing an international team, it would be really helpful to know who's doing what over the English summer before doing contracts for the following season. Found it quite frustrating trying to make an educated guess regarding player availability in previous editions. Several times in CC18 I went all out to sign a top overseas player from whichever country had just toured England in the summer season just ended, only to find their country touring Ireland for a few weeks the following season, or I made a marquee T20-only signing who then ends up being on a tour of the West Indies or Afghanistan for most of July and therefore missing all but a couple of the T20 games I've exclusively signed them for!
        The game has a 20 year schedule of fixtures, once you reach the end of that cycle, it repeats.

You'll get new captaincy offers at the end of the season.

The lack of knowing the next season international fixtures, is a problem for signing players. It's an issue I've thought about before, there's no easy solution. I'll have another think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
          The game has a 20 year schedule of fixtures, once you reach the end of that cycle, it repeats.
          Is there a reason that after a few years of an Australian internation fixture that the ODI Tri Series returns despite being defunct in real life since 2015? I've resorted to skipping those tournaments because playing that many matches with the same 15 man squad against the same two 15 man squads is not worth it since they become tedious.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilted View Post

Is there a reason that after a few years of an Australian internation fixture that the ODI Tri Series returns despite being defunct in real life since 2015? I've resorted to skipping those tournaments because playing that many matches with the same 15 man squad against the same two 15 man squads is not worth it since they become tedious.
            I've made a note for this to be checked for CC2021.

Comment

Working...
            X