What the CC2020 AI selectors consider the Test World XI of All Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the CC2020 AI selectors consider the Test World XI of All Time

So what I was trying to achieve is to create an xi where if you choose every other player in the game, the CC2020 AI will place them in the bench of the 18 man squad.

Now I can't pretend to try every single player in the database and so if other people was able to find a player to displace the XI I have written then let me know.

The result of this experiment is the "Official" All Time Great World XI to be this team

Herbert Sutcliffe (Captain)
    Victor Trumper
    Don Bradman
    Monty Noble
    Clyde Walcott (WK)
    Denis Compton
    Keith Miller
    Richard Hadlee
    Jim Laker
    Joel Garner
    Derek Underwood

For a bench with 1 opener, 2 middle-order batsman, 1 Wicket Keeper and 2 Spin Bowlers, 2 Fast Bowlers to complete the 18 man squad
    Len Hutton
    Jacques Kallis (note CC2020 AI Kallis is picked over Worrell)
    Frank Worrell
    Les Ames
    Shane Warne (note CC2020 AI will pick Warne over Murali)
    Muttiah Muralitharan
    Glenn McGrath (note CC2020 AI will pick McGrath over Marshall)
    Malcolm Marshall

Second XI
    Matthew Hayden
    Len Hutton (Captain)
    Wally Hammond
    Frank Worrell
    Les Ames (WK)
    Jacques Kallis
    Sir Garfield Sobers
    Malcolm Marshall
    Shane Warne
    Muttiah Muralitharan
    Glenn McGrath

I'll also emphasise this is what the CC2020 AI pick and I don't know whether these really are the best performing players or the players with the highest skill rating in the game. Really I have a lot of trouble getting Monty Noble performing either with the bat or ball in the All Time Great match but he will be an automatic selection in any squad by the computer AI

The most shocking of the all time great XI is the inclusion of the likes of Noble, Compton, Underwood and the exclusion of Sobers and one of Warne/Murali.

Not that shocking except Monty Noble - who I had to look up. Never heard of the guy. I'm surprised it has him batting at 4 as his batting record isn't that great: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Noble

Victor Trumper doesn't have an amazing record either: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Trumper There aren't that many openers who appear to be rated i.e. Gavaskar isn't that good.

The computer really rates some of those players - particularly Underwood. Murali isn't very good on the game for some reason, neither is Sobers. Garner is the most highly rated fast bowler, he's way better than Marshall, who had a similar record but played for longer.

It seems similar to the current players, some odd players seem to be highly rated.

Comment

Noble and Trumper played in an era that was harder for batting.

I imagine that Noble is rated highly because of his FC record.

Comment

Working...
      X