Editor for CC 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor for CC 2020

It's really unfortunate that the developers of this close to brilliant game do not want an editor. When weetabixharry was kind enough to create one, he was reprimanded by people who are playing online. Is this game developed only for the users who decide to play online? Are we all idiots to pay good money to play this offline?

Having bought the game since 2015, I think it's fair to attach blame to Sureshot and the other developer's who have criticized the yeomen efforts of one to create a much needed editor.

I'm going to go to all forums possible and reiterate that this game is now solely meant only for the online users. Other patrons have no value in this franchise.
    Last edited by ruby23; 12-23-2020, 08:45 PM.

I think the beef with the online people is that you can just give everyone maxed out stats and win everything?

I like the game, without the editor, and never played it online. Think it's unfair to publicly criticise the game.

Comment

I've been playing this game for about 20 years but I have not been buying updated versions because of the lack of an editor.

I had so much fun with the versions that had an editor made by a 3rd party. I was going to purchase ICC2020 until I saw you can no longer download the editor.

It's the same old issue been driving people away for years now.

Comment

Originally posted by FineLegatron View Post
        I think the beef with the online people is that you can just give everyone maxed out stats and win everything?

I like the game, without the editor, and never played it online. Think it's unfair to publicly criticise the game.
        FineLegatron Please don't misinterpret my statement. I have clearly stated that this is a near perfect game. I have no beef with the online players. The developers could add a code to prevent edited teams from playing online.

All I'm trying to convey is that if there's an option of a 3rd party editor to make the game more interesting for the majority of users, why not support it?

However, if you feel that only the suggestions of online players should be considered and the rest of the users don't deserve a fair say in the matter, so be it. Even I enjoy playing it irrespective of the editor, but with the option of using it, the game assumes a sort of cult status.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post

FineLegatron Please don't misinterpret my statement. I have clearly stated that this is a near perfect game. I have no beef with the online players. The developers could add a code to prevent edited teams from playing online.

All I'm trying to convey is that if there's an option of a 3rd party editor to make the game more interesting for the majority of users, why not support it?

However, if you feel that only the suggestions of online players should be considered and the rest of the users don't deserve a fair say in the matter, so be it. Even I enjoy playing it irrespective of the editor, but with the option of using it, the game assumes a sort of cult status.
          That's fair. I think an editor that only works in offline saves is a good addition. Especially on the fixture side of things, so you can schedule more games in for your side if you're someone like Ireland and never get five match series. Or to update nationalities part way through saves (Kolpack status changing, residential qualifications etc). I don't agree with an editor for the purposes of giving a favourite player 100 stats on everything which may be why it lacks a bit of support.

I guess it depends on the purpose and the capabilities of the editor?

Comment

Originally posted by FineLegatron View Post

That's fair. I think an editor that only works in offline saves is a good addition. Especially on the fixture side of things, so you can schedule more games in for your side if you're someone like Ireland and never get five match series. Or to update nationalities part way through saves (Kolpack status changing, residential qualifications etc). I don't agree with an editor for the purposes of giving a favourite player 100 stats on everything which may be why it lacks a bit of support.

I guess it depends on the purpose and the capabilities of the editor?
            Even a basic Official Squad, Team & Fixture editor would be a great start to be honest!

Comment

It's really unfortunate that the developers of this close to brilliant game do not want an editor. When weetabixharry was kind enough to create one, he was reprimanded by people who are playing online. Is this game developed only for the users who decide to play online? Are we all idiots to pay good money to play this offline?

Having bought the game since 2015, I think it's fair to attach blame to Sureshot and the other developer's who have criticized the yeomen efforts of one to create a much needed editor.

I'm going to go to all forums possible and reiterate that this game is now solely meant only for the online users. Other patrons have no value in this franchise.
              At no point did we criticise WeetabixHarry's efforts, he himself chose to remove the editor from download after he discovered there was an unintended side effect with the editor on international teams online.

Comment

We have lots of code to prevent edited teams from playing online, unfortunately on PC there are lots of tools available to bypass this if someone is so determined to do so. Tools which are near enough impossible to stop from use because of the open nature of Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

We have lots of code to prevent edited teams from playing online, unfortunately on PC there are lots of tools available to bypass this if someone is so determined to do so. Tools which are near enough impossible to stop from use because of the open nature of Windows.
                  Sureshot Fair enough, one can understand the issue, there honestly may be a number of ways to bypass the coding. Could I suggest something that would be ideal? Why not just create a Team Editor instead of a Squad Editor. This way, the AI chooses the squad which cannot be bypassed. But at least gives the user two options. One is selecting a XI from the squad of 13, 15 or 18 depending on match type. Secondly, it gives an option to change the batting order of the opponent team to make playing XI selections more realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

this works only for domestic, not international teams. why aren't you able to prevent changing a player's national team? there's that and one other issue as well which I can inbox

Comment

Just make a official editor that do edit teams and players. Maybe the developers are too afraid to show how the player have been ranked in stats. If FM, OOTP, FHM and several other small market games (well FM no small market, neither OOTP anymore) understood the power of having their games be able to modding. Lots of online playing in them too and a very lame excuse to have that as a reason for no editor. Clearly something else is hidden behind such decision.
                      I stopped buying this game for the reason of lack of editor. Having patches to fix player errors is stupid. I read many times players opinions that this or that player is not aggresive or something other. Then a patch pop up with those edits. Maybe not all agree. Minor player edit could be done by players that should have their own views in their own saves.

Give players this great added thing. Having a game moddable is huge. You could even make a little "window" mfor players to add a photo of players and that will not infringe on any rules. Many other game that has no endorsement still got fictional pohots added and making modders the shot of adding real photos int heir own games.

Take a good look at big games, not only sports, and huge majority got some sort of editor and are moddable. If they are not you can easily hear the gamers complain loadly for it.
                      Just as it is I think on this game.

Comment

Working...
                      X