Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious Online Cheating (game may have been hacked)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does look like there is an editor out there! The ability to tweak players ability seems like a bigger issue than being able to pick players who play for other countries, but that seems beside the point.

KhabibTheEagle

Jamesy1984

and
    galvatron

Why don’t you just play a couple of games with your sides? It appears Jamesy1984 is quite happy to. And if KhabibThe Eagle has the ear of this guy online maybe he would like to play a match too?

I would join in but my connection seems to be an issue. Might have been because where I live in Wales was in local lockdown so unlikely to improve now we are all in lockdown here.

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
      There's another team now as well.

It's called Ramp and is Bangladesh. It appears it's a different person, who claims to have got the editor from someone else!

He claims there's 13-14 players out there with this editor.

He claims there's lots of editors out there.

I'm quite concerned about this and Sureshot nothing has been done about this despite it being raised over a month ago.

Someone has undermined the game's data and is underminding the online game.

If the editor is out there - you can't put it back in the box. But surely it's not fair these teams play online?
      Hi CDE,

I played this Ramp guy and beat him... but having the ability to pick a world XI seems an unfair advantage. And on top of this, these players could be edited to be better than they are supposed to be.

First edited team I played the players seemed a lot better than normal. If the editor is out there, fine, but you shouldn't be able to take these teams online.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by galvatron; 10-26-2020, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Hi CDE,

I played this Ramp guy and beat him... but having the ability to pick a world XI seems an unfair advantage. And on top of this, these players could be edited to be better than they are supposed to be.

First edited team I played the players seemed a lot better than normal. If the editor is out there, fine, but you shouldn't be able to take these teams online.
        I’ve heard of people playing legend teams but only in tournaments against each other which I’m ok with I guess as it doesn’t harm anyone else or those guys trying to get to the top of the table.

The problem is the people who use legends or edited players and play them against normal players to try and get to the top of the table, they don’t even warn their opponent before the game starts, maybe if they did that then at least the opponent knows what he’s letting himself in for. It’s guys like Leprechauns using edited players to win all his games against people who don’t want to play him (then DCing if he’s losing) that are ruining the spirit online.

Comment

I think the problem is I just don’t get why you would bother with that nonsense if I’m honest. Cheating at an online game so you could boast to your other half that you hoodwinked some guys just having a bit of fun? I’m not even sure why you would want an editor for offline play.

The big problem is that it turns a good game with an added online element played for fun into yet another app that is ‘gamed’ by sad saps to the point where it ruins it for other people.

Given the connection problems I have been having I can’t say that stuff like this encourages me to persevere with online games.

Comment

Originally posted by KhabibTheEagle
            Galvatron and James acting like they are the authority on who should be allowed to play and who shouldn't. Get a life. If you don't want to have one, then at least get better at the game instead of whining. So pathetic! It's not even funny. It's just sad.
            Your tone in this thread is incredibly disappointing, aiming insults at other forum members won't be tolerated on the forum. If you continue to do so then further action will be taken.

Comment

There's another team now as well.

It's called Ramp and is Bangladesh. It appears it's a different person, who claims to have got the editor from someone else!

He claims there's 13-14 players out there with this editor.

He claims there's lots of editors out there.

I'm quite concerned about this and Sureshot nothing has been done about this despite it being raised over a month ago.

Someone has undermined the game's data and is underminding the online game.

If the editor is out there - you can't put it back in the box. But surely it's not fair these teams play online?
              We've been given some useful information which will hopefully help us stop this bypassing of our checks, this won't be in the patch we're currently in the process of creating, but hopefully for the next one.

For the above player, can you confirm their team name again, including any specific lower/upper cases?

Comment

Khabib is taking a week off to learn how to talk to people with respect, I've deleted relevant posts to get some harmony back in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

We've been given some useful information which will hopefully help us stop this bypassing of our checks, this won't be in the patch we're currently in the process of creating, but hopefully for the next one.

For the above player, can you confirm their team name again, including any specific lower/upper cases?

Yeah Sureshot it's raMp

Comment

Sureshot

Thanks for you intervention.

To be honest, finding some rather spiky posts in this forum was like finding out David Attenborough secretly enjoys kicking puppies.

Comment

Some more information has come to light and it looks accurate based on what I've read in this thread, and that is that the international teams can be edited for online use, we're now really close to the next patch, which will probably break the editor.

Has anyone experienced issues with edited domestic teams online?

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                        Some more information has come to light and it looks accurate based on what I've read in this thread, and that is that the international teams can be edited for online use, we're now really close to the next patch, which will probably break the editor.

Has anyone experienced issues with edited domestic teams online?
                        I haven’t noticed any domestic teams. You always suspect people with unbeaten records but noting concrete

Comment

They're back again with a Zimbabwe team called Predators-Season2.

He's got Glenn McGrath and Murali playing...

I suspect he's also edited his players as well as editing the line up. Shane Watson was bowling like he was Bumrah...

Sureshot Is there anything you can do with this user? Because we don't know who's gonna have a suped up team, could seriously unbalance the online games.
                          Dear galvatron While one appreciates the fact that there are a number of online players playing with edited skills of players, it would be easier to write a code to prevent them from doing so, rather than force the other thousands of users who would like to use the editor! For me, in spite of all the efforts made by the developers, there are still glaring issues with regens popping up too fast, batting and bowling order mash ups, team selections, etc. Just for a 100 or so online players, the very essence of the realistic nature of the game is being lost. Till the developers decide to release an official editor, we must thank the person who spent his time in creating the only one we have!

If the developers don't agree with my point of view Sureshot why even bother adding real players to the game. Might as well have dummy players if the online game is so important. In any case, this is my point of view which most users will agree with barring the online players.

Comment

Leprechauns is online atm. I thought edited teams were now banned?

Comment

Working...
                            X