Logging into game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging into game

I've just purchased CC20 but I've had the same issue recently with CC19. The title screen comes up, then the screen goes black and I'm told I'm already signed in but do I want to use that account or a new one. I choose the same. The screen stays black. I've checked the screen resolution as it's 1280x800 as suggested. Nothing happens. I will force quit and retry but no change. Any ideas? I have a MacBook. Cheers.

Originally posted by khw View Post
    I've just purchased CC20 but I've had the same issue recently with CC19. The title screen comes up, then the screen goes black and I'm told I'm already signed in but do I want to use that account or a new one. I choose the same. The screen stays black. I've checked the screen resolution as it's 1280x800 as suggested. Nothing happens. I will force quit and retry but no change. Any ideas? I have a MacBook. Cheers.
    Very odd issue for Mac. Can you click on the Apple in the top left of your screen and then select About This Mac and then confirm the exact model and year?

It sounds like you've got a couple of Apple GameCenter IDs and it's asking you to pick one?

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Very odd issue for Mac. Can you click on the Apple in the top left of your screen and then select About This Mac and then confirm the exact model and year?

It sounds like you've got a couple of Apple GameCenter IDs and it's asking you to pick one?
      Thanks. I'm using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014) using High Sierra 10.13.6.

I am logged into Game Center anyway, so I'm surprised it asks me for another - even when I choose the usual one the screen stays black. I may have to find a way of deleting the other account - though not sure I have one!

Comment

Thanks. I'm using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014) using High Sierra 10.13.6.

I am logged into Game Center anyway, so I'm surprised it asks me for another - even when I choose the usual one the screen stays black. I may have to find a way of deleting the other account - though not sure I have one!
        Thanks, to confirm you're using the AppStore version of the game, you're not trying to run the Steam version through a Windows emulator?

The only thing of note I can see is the resolution, you should be running the game on 2560?×?1600, though I'm surprised it's not automatic to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Thanks, to confirm you're using the AppStore version of the game, you're not trying to run the Steam version through a Windows emulator?

The only thing of note I can see is the resolution, you should be running the game on 2560?×?1600, though I'm surprised it's not automatic to that?
          Yes, the AppStore version. Perhaps Steam would have been better.

When the title screen appears, it then turns black and I'm asked to log in with my iCloud account. When I do, the screen stays black.

Comment

Yes, the AppStore version. Perhaps Steam would have been better.

When the title screen appears, it then turns black and I'm asked to log in with my iCloud account. When I do, the screen stays black.
            The Steam version isn't supported for Mac.

Where are you picking the resolution for the app?

Comment

Working...
            X