No announcement yet.

Bowling Aggression: what does it mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling Aggression: what does it mean?

Here's something I've always wondered.

What exactly does the Aggression meter do? Like, what does changing it change?

Of course it adjusts the field, but I can adjust the field without changing my bowler's aggression level, so there must be something else there.

Common sense would say it increases the propensity to take a wicket while doing the same for the likelihood of conceding a run but I'd love to dig a bit deeper here.

I’ve asked the same question myself and done some tests and the conclusion is... inconclusive. Maybe it’s just a quick way to change the field and that’s it

Comment

Lower aggression in 1 Day and T20 reduces runs conceded, so greater aggression must bring a greater chance of bringing a wicket. I go full aggression against the tail in FC games and always skittle them. I’ve tried the opposite and can struggle to remove number 9 10 or 11. What does greater aggression change? Got to be the determination, pace, guile, accuracy and effort the bowler then gives?? I’m certain Sureshot can answer the query

Comment

Not sure I can add much to what Yorkie says, increased aggression improves likelihood of taking a wicket, but also the likelihood of conceding runs.

Comment

Thanks Sureshot , it's good to know my assumption was valid. But I have some follow ups (sorry).

The game docs suggest that bowlers are at their 'best' on aggression 3. What does 'best' mean in this context?

Comment

Originally posted by frustratedofnewport View Post
            Thanks Sureshot , it's good to know my assumption was valid. But I have some follow ups (sorry).

The game docs suggest that bowlers are at their 'best' on aggression 3. What does 'best' mean in this context?
            A balance between runs conceded and wickets taken. I'd argue that users would find different ideas for what "best" is, especially when conditions and new ball are taken in to context.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

A balance between runs conceded and wickets taken. I'd argue that users would find different ideas for what "best" is, especially when conditions and new ball are taken in to context.
                I’m assuming some bowlers bowl better at defensive and some at attacking. I’m guessing that’s how it links to technique training. If you’ve got a bowler who doesn’t do well when aggressive train him on that and visa versa. I’m assuming and hoping making someone a better attacking one day bowler then won’t make them a worse defensive one.

Comment

Working...
                X