Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cricket Captain 2020 Version 20.11 Released on Steam, iOS (20.61), Android (20.81) and Mac (20.31)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post

Hey Nige do you know when you'll next be looking at the database feedback in the database thread?
    Middle of next week.

Comment

Couple of things I'd like to raise, possibly more in the vein of future editions more than future updates I would imagine.

Customisation for stats. Especially for those of us with large screens, having to scroll through the form, combined, batting and bowling tabs to find very specific things can be annoying. Allowing us the ability to choose what we'd like to see all on the one screen would be nice.

Dynamic fixturing. What I mean by this is a fixture that is shaped in a more realistic manner. The Australian cricket Summer begins with Afghanistan at the GABBA, after a two Test series we play India again at the GABBA. As someone that likes to have a set order in terms of what pitches offer what, it's sometimes a little ordinary you're always starting at the same point. Boxing Day at the MCG and the new years Test at the SCG should be the focal points of the Test Summer, and maybe base it off the in-game rankings where the highest ranked opponent gets the bigger grounds available, and the rest of the pieces fall around that.

I did have a third point but it's left me, mustn't have been too important.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumblah View Post
        Couple of things I'd like to raise, possibly more in the vein of future editions more than future updates I would imagine.

Customisation for stats. Especially for those of us with large screens, having to scroll through the form, combined, batting and bowling tabs to find very specific things can be annoying. Allowing us the ability to choose what we'd like to see all on the one screen would be nice.

Dynamic fixturing. What I mean by this is a fixture that is shaped in a more realistic manner. The Australian cricket Summer begins with Afghanistan at the GABBA, after a two Test series we play India again at the GABBA. As someone that likes to have a set order in terms of what pitches offer what, it's sometimes a little ordinary you're always starting at the same point. Boxing Day at the MCG and the new years Test at the SCG should be the focal points of the Test Summer, and maybe base it off the in-game rankings where the highest ranked opponent gets the bigger grounds available, and the rest of the pieces fall around that.

Agree with you about the international fixtures, I have been on about this issue for ages.

Comment

The fixtures are currently defined by fxt files which are loaded at the start of a season and these run in a 20 year cycle then repeat. In an ideal world we could be able to edit an fxt file using an official editor, or better still have a built in “fixture meeting” where all 12 international teams make the fixture list. As in the player and AI. I don’t really know how it could work but maybe it could be similar to the domestic contracts screen. Some series like the ashes, as well as world cups could be preset though.
          In terms of grounds I think each country has a preset list of grounds that cycles. This list is on the record screen in grounds records. Each series follows the same cycle then goes back to the start of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Lojoda View Post

The fixtures are currently defined by fxt files which are loaded at the start of a season and these run in a 20 year cycle then repeat. In an ideal world we could be able to edit an fxt file using an official editor, or better still have a built in “fixture meeting” where all 12 international teams make the fixture list. As in the player and AI. I don’t really know how it could work but maybe it could be similar to the domestic contracts screen. Some series like the ashes, as well as world cups could be preset though.
            In terms of grounds I think each country has a preset list of grounds that cycles. This list is on the record screen in grounds records. Each series follows the same cycle then goes back to the start of the list.
            Or maybe we could have a negotiation option. We will be given a choice of either a 3 match odi and 2 match test series or a 5 match t20 and 3 match odi series. And as out ranking increase we get more time in the game calender there by increasing our fixtures when our minnow team becomes better

Comment

Originally posted by adil View Post

Or maybe we could have a negotiation option. We will be given a choice of either a 3 match odi and 2 match test series or a 5 match t20 and 3 match odi series. And as out ranking increase we get more time in the game calender there by increasing our fixtures when our minnow team becomes better
              Yes, maybe even something like broadcast deals could be incorporated. You could have different options for example at least 2 home tests and 3 home ODIs a season is available to every team, but if you rank 1 or 2 in tests you can get a better deal with more tests and a scale in between. Maybe the better the deal, the more coaching/physio slots are available? Just ideas but something like this would be great

Comment

Originally posted by Lojoda View Post

The problem with the preset list of grounds is that some venues never get a international match. For example in New Zealand whichever grounds are the top 3 in that list they will always get the test matches with NZ not playing more than 3 tests in a series.

Same for all countries really, if a particular country is playing a 5 match series, whichever mode, then the first 5 on the list of grounds will get the matches. Whichever ground is 6 onwards on the list then they won't get a match.

Apart from certain exemptions such as England always playing a test at Lords and Australia playing at Melbourne for the Boxing Day test and Sydney for the New Year test etc then I think the list of grounds needs to be more random. Obviously England won't play a test at Bristol or Taunton but they play a ODI or T20I there though.

Comment

Does the update work on current games or just when a new game is started?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
                    Does the update work on current games or just when a new game is started?
                    Updates will always work with existing saves, the only thing that won't be changed with existing saves is database changes.

Comment

Remembered my third thought. Would it be possible to implement a check box in the options menu for the domestic FC/ OD/ T20 stats? I honestly despise the extra numbers on profiles and to me it just feels annoying have to constantly triple check I'm looking at the right thing. Adding player numbers would be a great addition now too since they're now in all formats.

Comment

Hi Sureshot, are you able to clarify something? At the end of the season when you get offers from other counties and it says 'Excellent' or 'Good' in the brackets after the team name, does this refer to squad strength? Or is it something different?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfizzle0 View Post
                          Hi Sureshot, are you able to clarify something? At the end of the season when you get offers from other counties and it says 'Excellent' or 'Good' in the brackets after the team name, does this refer to squad strength? Or is it something different?
                          Exactly that.

Comment

Early days and I haven't played enough to confirm this but I feel like since the patch in 4 day games when attempting to chase in the fourth innings I'm getting properly, properly skittled.

I've had 3 games in a row where we've been set a target in the mid 200s with 3 or 4 sessions to reach it on a reasonable pitch with reasonable weather and batsmen have struggled to get into double figures and we've been bowled out for scores in the low 100s.

Too early to say it's now too hard to chase as I may have just been unlucky but wonder how others are finding this?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
                              Early days and I haven't played enough to confirm this but I feel like since the patch in 4 day games when attempting to chase in the fourth innings I'm getting properly, properly skittled.

I've had 3 games in a row where we've been set a target in the mid 200s with 3 or 4 sessions to reach it on a reasonable pitch with reasonable weather and batsmen have struggled to get into double figures and we've been bowled out for scores in the low 100s.

Too early to say it's now too hard to chase as I may have just been unlucky but wonder how others are finding this?
                              The 4th innings chase change in the last patch was for the AI only, won't affect human teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

The 4th innings chase change in the last patch was for the AI only, won't affect human teams.
                                Haha brilliant my team have just been rubbish then!

Cheers Nige.

Comment

Working...
                                X