My findings/opinion from reading the game reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My findings/opinion from reading the game reviews

So I was reading some CC20 review and 2 things I noticed people want are player attributes and DRS.
    I cant really understand the purpose of having PAs. Dont thing coaches see and player and think he has 16 defence, 12 aggresion, 8 hitting etc etc. You look at a player give him some games to see how good he is. Having player attributes will kill the fun of playing the game. We will already know which player is good and which is'nt. The trial and error process of finding good player will vanish.
    Now coming to DRS. First of all I think graphics are not what the game is made for and most players dont watch any highlights. Having DRS will detract us from rhythm of the game and secondly after repeatedly seeing replays we will know which one is out and which is'nt
    Some features which the players asked for are valid though. These are more 1s and 2s,Match Analysis, more custom field setting ,better palyer development editor
    I personally think the devs should look at having new colour scheme for every new addition from 21 onward. A bit like Football Manager. It makes the game look fresher. The current UI is same with minor tweaks since 2016. I would prefer a purple UI a bit like FM 20
    ????

I only play because of the graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
      I only play because of the graphics.
      Hahaha. To each his own I guess. You watch full highlights?

Comment

Originally posted by adil View Post

Hahaha. To each his own I guess. You watch full highlights?
        No - just all runs and wickets.

Comment

I habe to admit being puzzled by those wanting the internal workings of player abilities on show. The annoyance about regens being better than real life youth players too, though less so. I have always taken this as one of the challenges and enjoyments of the game - finding good players and making the most of them. I really couldn't care if they are a 'real' player or a regen.

Each to their own.

Being able to request longer tours with more warm up matches or a schedule editor would be nice but that is not the way international cricket is going at the moment and quite how the guys at Sureshot manage to get the schedules working so well is a bit beyond me. Looking at the English season for this year it was beyond the ECB to come up with a sensible schedule too.

Comment

Originally posted by cde View Post
            I habe to admit being puzzled by those wanting the internal workings of player abilities on show. The annoyance about regens being better than real life youth players too, though less so. I have always taken this as one of the challenges and enjoyments of the game - finding good players and making the most of them. I really couldn't care if they are a 'real' player or a regen.

Each to their own.

Being able to request longer tours with more warm up matches or a schedule editor would be nice but that is not the way international cricket is going at the moment and quite how the guys at Sureshot manage to get the schedules working so well is a bit beyond me. Looking at the English season for this year it was beyond the ECB to come up with a sensible schedule too.
            I agree with your remarks about player ability being visible but suspect that is purely driven by the fanbase of Football Manager picking up the game and looking for what they're used to.

In regard to regens I'd strongly argue that finding good ones isn't a challenge at all because good ones off the bat are the norm and not the exception and that's the issue I argue against. A 18-22 year old regen will always be better than an 18-22 year old real player (outside of already established ones in real life) because Sureshot rightly rates them lower as they're not first team ready and they don't develop until their mid 20s. Regens spawn quite often ready to play first team cricket so automatically relegate the real life youth players further back in the selection priority until they get released having played no cricket or a few one day cup games if they're lucky.

All the real life young players end up uncontracted before they can develop because it happens too late whereas regens spawn ready to go. The two issues are very much intertwined.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
              In regard to regens I'd strongly argue that finding good ones isn't a challenge at all because good ones off the bat are the norm and not the exception and that's the issue I argue against. A 18-22 year old regen will always be better than an 18-22 year old real player (outside of already established ones in real life) because Sureshot rightly rates them lower as they're not first team ready and they don't develop until their mid 20s. Regens spawn quite often ready to play first team cricket so automatically relegate the real life youth players further back in the selection priority until they get released having played no cricket or a few one day cup games if they're lucky.

All the real life young players end up uncontracted before they can develop because it happens too late whereas regens spawn ready to go. The two issues are very much intertwined.
              I know what you mean about real life players often being uncontracted while regens can appear, excel in the remaining matches of the season, play overseas, get picked for England. It happens more often than it does in real life.

I have a save game which I am posting about (far too copiously) and after the first season picked up two of these batsmen and three very promising bowlers. While I have found it usual that there are so many promising regens in a year I would say the least realistic aspect is that they all made it onto the market at all! The teams that let them go would, in real life, have kept hold of them come what may. If I had one of these appear in my squad and I couldn't afford them I would jettison a player or two to make sure I did.

Maybe they should come to market with an offer from their 'parent' club already attached?

The disappearance of existing youth players from lack of talent is something I've never had an issue with, but I suspect that is because I follow Glamorgan and we have a succession of players who look good in our comparatively weak local leagues fail to make the step up to county standards. Around for a few seasons and gone by 23 is not that unusual, sadly. I think it means I don't notice that this doesn't happen with such regularity in many other counties.

Comment

GrahamB Lynx54321 cde What do you guys think about my ui colour scheme opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by adil View Post
                  GrahamB Lynx54321 cde What do you guys think about my ui colour scheme opinion?
                  I don't really believe in change for change's sake however think it's a fair point around freshening up the look and feel.

I guess at this point the devs feel the UI is pretty well optimised and are focusing their efforts on features/tweaks in the backend etc which does make sense.

Comment

It would make it feel a bit different each year, an easy way to make it feel 'new' without changing much. Like a government announcement!

Comment

Working...
                    X