Your best gen players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your best gen players

Let's start a thread on our best gen players...

Here's one of mine who's about to retire.

Mark Deakin finishes an outstanding career ending an 18 year career which leaves him as the highest scoring test run maker of all time. Cracking 20,000 runs in test cricket, 10,000 in ODI and scoring 126 first class hundreds he can truly be considered one of the all time greats of the game.

Batting at number 4 for the majority of his career he was known for his explosive and expansive game. Having no batting preferences meant he scored all around the ground and bowlers often struggled to find any weaknesses in his armour. He excelled in all formats of the game and was a devastating batsmen in T20 cricket, scoring six centuries and finishing with a strike rate of 157. An expert at batting with the tail, a hallmark of his game was the ability to score hundreds when others around him failed and then to go on scoring. One of his online games Vs Jamesy he was the only man to pass 50 with a brutal 157 in testing conditions.

One of his career highs was scoring 306* Vs India and then with some records in his sight, declaring in order to maximise England's chances of victory. He captained England for many years to success all over the world and lifted the world cup once, where he made a crucial fifty in the final.

In keeping with his career he signed off from cricket with a brilliant 160 in his final appearance at his beloved Old Trafford and then with 69 in his final FC innings. He's going to be missed!
    Attached Files

Surprised he didn’t play more T2O INT games. I tell you I won’t miss him smashing my bowlers online!

Comment

Two more of my old guard are now retiring.

M Lester leaves the game after a stella career.

But I'll most miss Pointer; the swashbuckling wicket keeper batsman. Incredibly aggressive and with the ability to score 100 runs in a session he has a great record - he faded a bit in his final years but was still a joy to have in my side for so long.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
        Two more of my old guard are now retiring.

M Lester leaves the game after a stella career.

But I'll most miss Pointer; the swashbuckling wicket keeper batsman. Incredibly aggressive and with the ability to score 100 runs in a session he has a great record - he faded a bit in his final years but was still a joy to have in my side for so long.
        I'm worried that your new set of players are better than these!

Comment

My best batter so far may be this guy Mike Flower (must be related to Andy and Grant!) on my Zimbabwe save, incredible Test and ODI record and at 30 is Zimbabwe's leading test run scorer of all time
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X