Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players who are rated/underrated by the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
    I'm still on my anti Hardik campaign. In real life the guy didn't bowl a ball when Indian bowlers were going for 8 an over today but on the game he's swinging it round corners and taking fivers. Most overrated player on the game!
    I’ll second that. I’m fine with his batting but don’t get it when sometimes he’s unplayable with the ball

Comment

+1 for Rizwan being a demon in-game despite being a plonker in real life. Caused me no end of headaches.

Steve Smith has been about correct for mine but agree Warner has been pretty up-and-down. The rest of the Aussies seem about right, at least in Tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post

Both really annoying to play against on game but in real life at their paces doubt can cut it at international level
        There has always been a place in Britain for the medium pace dibbled-dobbly (as some disrespectfully call them ) bowler. A medium pace all-rounder has long been a staple of FC cricket in England and will no doubt forever be, destined to be next to unplayable for the average batsman in the overcast conditions that can prevail in this sceptred isle they are usually undone by fair weather, good pitches or top class batsmen.

They can seem over rated but only in English conditions so that is probably about right. In some ways they are an ideal pick for your FC team since you will benefit from them almost never playing for the national team!

Personally I have found them useful for the middle overs of T20 matches too, especially any overseas players because they must be really good to have made it to that level and Kieron Pollard was always a cheap option who would take bucketfuls of wickets before the WI T20 tournament pretty much ruled out signing their players on 20 over contracts.

Comment

Hardik did get a bowl today and did respectably... still hate him on the game though...

Comment

My Hardik hate campaign continues.

Came up against him twice in the last week.

In a T20 the opposition was five or six down for not many. Obviously Hardik blasts an unbeaten fifty in 20 odd balls.
            Then he bowls and gets 3 wickets for 20odd.

In an ODI he comes in near the end and blasts 50 in the last ten overs to take India to 350.
            When bowling I make a good fist of it - only losing by 9. Bumrah, Shami, Jadeja only get 1 wicket and go for plenty. Hardik naturally bowls like a demon and get 4 wickets. Including my number 1 - who made a 100, number 3 - who made 70 odd. When needing 20odd from the last two overs with 5 wickets in hand, Hardik comes on and takes 2 wickets, does a run out from his own bowling and doesn't go for a single run from the over, except for a no ball.

My biggest bogey man online. Disgusting.

Comment

FWIW, Hardik didn't bowl much in the Ind/Aus ODIs because he was injured.

Comment

Working...
              X