New game same problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New game same problems

I've found the same problems in CC2020 as in previous versions. Changes to bowling do nothing, around the wicket, over the wicket, short, full or yorkers, teams with 5 star ratings inexplicably collapse all out for 113 against 4 star opposition, playing defensively does nothing apart from reducing scoring rates, players who are supposedly some of the best in the world get out when batting defensively and yet when the AI bats in the same condition they score double hundreds as non of the bowling changes work.

I can understand if the teams were mismatched say one team was 3 star playing a 5 star team but when both teams are 5 stars and yet only the player controlled bowlers are useless and the batsmen throw their wickets away despite playing defensively.

I hesitated in buying 2020 but reading some glowing reviews I took the plunge. I've played it for 7 hours and I'm already done with it. Until we have more advanced controls or some indicators why my bowlers are doing nothing and yet the opposition bowlers rip my batting line up to shreds even though the teams are supposedly evenly matched I'm done with it.

Originally posted by Zerachiel View Post
    I've found the same problems in CC2020 as in previous versions. Changes to bowling do nothing, around the wicket, over the wicket, short, full or yorkers, teams with 5 star ratings inexplicably collapse all out for 113 against 4 star opposition, playing defensively does nothing apart from reducing scoring rates, players who are supposedly some of the best in the world get out when batting defensively and yet when the AI bats in the same condition they score double hundreds as non of the bowling changes work.

I can understand if the teams were mismatched say one team was 3 star playing a 5 star team but when both teams are 5 stars and yet only the player controlled bowlers are useless and the batsmen throw their wickets away despite playing defensively.

I hesitated in buying 2020 but reading some glowing reviews I took the plunge. I've played it for 7 hours and I'm already done with it. Until we have more advanced controls or some indicators why my bowlers are doing nothing and yet the opposition bowlers rip my batting line up to shreds even though the teams are supposedly evenly matched I'm done with it.
    I suppose you don't know how to play it

Comment

Zerachiel To be honest, I don't have these problems. Have you thought much about the tactics that you use?

Comment

Maybe his team are modelling themselves on 1990s era England?

Comment

Originally posted by Zerachiel View Post

Bowling changes on their own won't do anything. What matters is whether you've picked good quality bowlers (something you can judge off of career stats, 2nd XI averages and performance over the last year or two). You also need to adjust bowling aggression and fields. In FC/Test matches, I personally bowl outside off stump if a batsman doesn't have a preference for one side of the wicket or if they prefer the legside. I'll bowl on middle and off if the batsman prefers the offside. I'll bowl with 2 lower than maximum aggression until the batsman reaches around 10-15 runs. I'll reduce to one lower aggression at this point and default to bowling outside off. One lower aggression once they reach 50 and full defensive if they get around 70-80. Start of new sessions I'll attack for a bit before going back to defensive if no wickets.

Checking conditions is also a big factor. Is the pitch favoured for spinners or pace bowlers? If pace, (depends on if bounce variability is high and cloudy whether can also help for medium pacers and possible pace bowlers in general), consider picking at least 3 seamers and a spinner, or 4 seamers, or 3 seamers, a spinner and an all-rounder that bowls some pace.

Try and utilise your best 2 bowlers more than the others as these are the players that are your most dangerous. Also take into account whether a batsman prefers spin or pace. This isn't a HUGE factor, but you could for example prolong the spell of a spinner if a batsman prefers pace (and so is presumably weaker at spin compared to pace). Don't forget changing what side of the wicket you bowl from. Do you bowl your right handed seamer over or around the wicket to the left handed batsman? Do you bowl you left arm off spinner from over the wicket to the right hander or around the wicket? This are questions you should be asking yourself and this is another place where you can vary it if things aren't going your way. You can also custom edit fields if you want (something I only use in limited over formats for more defensive fields).

I've got a lot of different ways to tactically go about bowling in the shorter formats of the game which would take too long to lay out, though I believe I've posted this somewhere on the forums for the one of the older Cricket Captains.

Comment

Working...
          X